Return to Baseball Leftovers

Very Deep League ... Rank these players.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Very Deep League ... Rank these players.

Postby wrveres » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:12 am

NL only ..10 team
This is my staff ..
P1 SMOLTZ
P2 TSAO,CH ( for Prior)
P3 WOLF,R
P4 MADDUX,G
P5 GLAVINE,T
P6 BECKETT,J
P7 PEAVY,J
P8 TOMKO,B
P9 LAWRENCE,B
RSV PRIOR,M

I am leadeing saves becuase I traded away Williamson and Worrell before the Deadline. Amazinly I am next to last in wins while leading K's and top 2 and 3 for Ratio and ERA. I want to get rid of Brett Tomko .. So Rank my only options .. Thanks guys ..

Tomko
Foppert
Ashby
Brower
Heilman
Fuentes
Wagner
Reitsma
Kolb
Dejean ..

Thanks all..
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdh » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:23 am

Well, it's hard to directly rank closers and starters, so I will split them up:

Starters:
1. Foppert (inconsistent but on a good team, in a good pitchers park and gets plenty of Ks)
2. Tomko (horrible ERA and WHIP but run support is there so should be good option for wins only.)
3. Ashby (ERA and WHIP are not much better than Tomko's, he does have Dodger Stadium in his favor but nonexistant offense means few wins)
4. Brower (decent numbers, but is only being used as a spot starter, making him not really that valuable to you. Good as a pickup for his starts against lousy teams)
5. Heilman (Has really struggled, plus won't get more than a couple wins with this AAA team)

Relievers:
1. Kolb (Strikeout rate , ERA, WHIP decent, seems to be getting majority of save opps)
2. Fuentes (Great strikeout rate, with Speier imploding big time lately, might start getting more save opps)
4. Reitsma (Apparently will be getting the majority of save opps initially in Cincy; mediocre strikeout rate for a closer and way too many HR allowed)
5. DeJean (Might get his closers job back outright if everyone else continues to struggle. Weak K rate, and bad ratios make him not really worth much unless he does)
6. Wagner (Reds don't plan on putting him in pressure situations right away, and a rookie pitcher that isn't getting wins or saves is a risky proposition)
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby R-Tehst » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:27 am

Fopperts ur best option for a starter...I wouldnt even conside the rest of them unless there was a favorable matchup.

For saves, look at Kolb and DeJean. Kolb seems to be getting the most opps. but watch the situation closely if u add kolb.

Reitsma's the next best option for a closer. hes already got two wins this week, used in extra innings, and in a key situation in the 8th inning. He looks like hes got the closers job for now
R-Tehst
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrveres » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:43 am

I should also point out that it is weekly transactions with no bench. If they are on your team they are starting. Real 5x5.
See thats what I was afraid of ... I need wins .. And Tomko or Foppert are my best options for wins. I have an 11 Point lead in saves and I have Smoltz. 2nd place has Gagne and Beck so the race is on. 3rd place in saves is a distant memory so I can only lose 1 point if I don't pickup a closer.

So I am stuck with either Tomko or Foppert and the crappy ratio. It is killing me right along side of Glavine and Lawrence. :-) Thanks JDH and R-tehst .. any others?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:57 am

I am in a 12 team NL only keeper, with a staff similar to yours...(Smoltz, Maddux, Wolf, Peavy and Beckett)...In a season league, I would hang on to Tomko...but in a Keeper I would try to move Tomko for Foppert...I think he has a bigger future than Tomko does....
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -3266)

Postby wrveres » Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:12 am

DieHardCubbie wrote:I am in a 12 team NL only keeper, with a staff similar to yours...(Smoltz, Maddux, Wolf, Peavy and Beckett)...In a season league, I would hang on to Tomko...but in a Keeper I would try to move Tomko for Foppert...I think he has a bigger future than Tomko does....

this was a keeper league but not anymore ... The usual last place owners stage a revolt .. LOL .. and it got voted out this year. So I am probably stuck with Tomko .. for the final two months.. That what I figured. Thanks Cubbie .
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baseball Leftovers