Return to Baseball Leftovers

Berkman?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Berkman?

Postby slowkidz » Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:50 am

when is lil lancy and his boo boo of a right knee gonna start playing again?!?! anyone know???
beep....beep
slowkidz
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pkarr5000 » Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:57 am

lil? boo-boo? have you seen this guy in person? the last thing lance is, is "lil". come on, show some respect for ex-owls. :-t

he might be back today but Im hoping he takes a seat, i dont want him facing beckett.
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Berkman?

Postby Madison » Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:40 pm

slowkidz wrote:when is lil lancy and his boo boo of a right knee gonna start playing again?!?! anyone know???

Lol. :-D Sorry, haven't heard a word about wittle wancy and his boo boo. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby EricF » Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:48 pm

Houston Chronicle says he should play tonight.

Berkman out again

Lance Berkman sat out his second consecutive game with a sore right knee Thursday. He expects to return to the lineup today in the first of a three-game series against the Marlins at Pro Player Stadium.

Berkman injured his knee while favoring his right quadriceps, which was bruised when he was drilled by Cubs lefthander Mark Guthrie's pitch in the eighth inning of Saturday's game.

Berkman played with a bruised right quad Sunday and Tuesday, favoring the leg and putting strain on his right knee. While taking fly balls during batting practice Wednesday, he felt a sharp pain shoot through his knee when he planted his foot.

"I'm relieved today because yesterday with the way I felt I thought I had torn cartilage," he said Thursday. "I just have to remind myself to use my legs to stop instead of jamming my foot on my joint."

Berkman, who tested his knee with 15 minutes of light sprints Thursday, was available to pinch hit in the final game of the series against the Braves.

"I feel pretty good," he said. "What happened (Wednesday) was that I bruised my cartilage on the inside of my knee."
EricF
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -20)

Return to Baseball Leftovers