Return to Baseball Leftovers

how many teams are perfect for fantasy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Althalius » Fri Aug 01, 2003 1:54 pm

My favorite league to play in is my 8-team h2h but i think 10 team is best. Everyone can have a few good players, but that makes it all the more competetive because you need to get good players off waivers/FA to get the edge.
Althalius
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:07 pm

I've always liked playing in 8-team leagues. You aren't forced to play that many crappy players- you can have 2-3 studs, but you still have to watch the minors.

Something else to consider, which I have had a lot of fun with is a 4 or 6-team league. Grab 3 or 5 friends and live out your dreams of having a great team. You'd be surprised, but teams don't have have studs at every position and there is still room for young up and coming players: for example: I own Webb, Harden and J. Williams.

I'd reccomend the 4-team league as only ONE of your leagues- not the only one you play. In other words, the 4 or 6-team league should supplement your other deeper leagues and it provides a lot of fun if you play with the right people and if you play for money. It's also relatively low-maintainence so you can afford to play other leagues too, which is a good idea so you don't lose some perspective on other teams in this forum like I have to a degree. ;-)
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -211)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers