Return to Baseball Leftovers

carlos lee

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

carlos lee

Postby Lightning1919 » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:47 pm

i just got him recently and i hadnt followed him around at all and based on his stats he seems very streaky, but does have great power given the fact that he has hit 7 hrs in his last 9 games, so i was wondering what owners of lee or anyone else thought of him..
Lightning1919
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

not too shabby

Postby BayAreaBaseballFan » Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:26 am

Yeah, I picked him up two days ago to be rewarded with a 3-6 day with a homer and now a 3-5 day with TWO. That's instant production for you -- not to mention a SB today as well. I'm loving him so far, but I'm sure once he cools off he'll be droppable as well. (However, he's got 22 homers now... 70+ RBI, 10 SB.. that's tough to argue with in a roto league like mine). With the bats of CWS starting to pick up too, I think he's in for a good stretch.

however, i haven't had him for the whole season so I wouldn't know about his long-term performance
BayAreaBaseballFan
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Big Dawg » Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:53 am

Jump on Lee. The guy has been HOT. If nothing else, ride him for now. That said, the guy is only 27. So it's not unforeseeable that he would be peaking. The guy has been in the league so long people think he's old. But Lee is a young dude.
Big Dawg

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby zang rodgers » Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:35 pm

yeah, lee is only 27 years old. he is having a career year and putting up very respectable numbers. he is having a better year than big time players such a berkman, chipper jones and bobby abreu. lee has been heating up and now would be the time to jump on him. he should cool down soon, but he still will provide above average power and rbi numbers. he is only entering his prime.
zang rodgers

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby pkarr5000 » Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:44 pm

i picked up lee the second i found out burrell was a damn bastard. and ever since then, he's saved my ass so many times. he has more rbi's than anyone else on that team, including ordonez and is running a little bit too. i used to sub him in whenever one of my players wasnt playing but for a while now, since byrnes is ice cold, i'm starting him. ;-D
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -12)

Postby d » Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:55 pm

Start Lee, he is an extremely streaky hitter. Ride him while he is hot ;-D .
d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers