Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kim 3 IP of relief tonight (so far)?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pilambp » Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:57 am

Quaker wrote:Kim has a rubber arm. I read that when he was with Arizona, he would throw a ton of pitches every day on his own, no matter how many innings he had pitched recently. Management joked that they let him be a starter because he'd throw a ton of pitches anyway, so might as well let him do it in a game.

They should call him "Everyday Byun" ... oh wait.. that's terrible.
pilambp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -46)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:52 am

pilambp wrote:
Quaker wrote:Kim has a rubber arm. I read that when he was with Arizona, he would throw a ton of pitches every day on his own, no matter how many innings he had pitched recently. Management joked that they let him be a starter because he'd throw a ton of pitches anyway, so might as well let him do it in a game.

They should call him "Everyday Byun" ... oh wait.. that's terrible.

Haha, that made me laugh more than anything I'd read here recently. Thanks ... :-)

I liked that game though. Not only did I get the 3 IP from Kim, I also got A-Rod's game-winning grand slam ... Always a good feeling. :-)

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Transmogrifier » Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:54 am

willieroe wrote:Thanks for that info, I didn't have it - does your source have the reason for the delay in Williamson reporting?

His wife had a baby right around when he was traded and there were complications. He got permission from the Sox to delay his arrival.

(Good Karma for the Sox! ;-D )
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -93)

Postby jdh » Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:57 am

Also, under the players union rules, players are allowed 72 hrs to report to a new team after being traded. Most players will report before then, but they are allowed to take longer.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby YankFan51 » Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:09 pm

Apparently, Kim's delivery lets him throw more pitches and make more appearances than a conventional pitcher, so I wouldn't read too much into this.

theres no apparently about it. Kim's delivery is submarine, and thus consists a natural arm motion, as opposed to the over hand motion. stand up straight and notice where your arms hang naturally. right by your side, not over your head. thus, kim's motion doesn't do anything that is unnatural for the arm, so he could throw a ton of innings.

there's no "apparently" about it, stathead
My hair's turnin' white, my neck's always been red, my collar's still blue
We've always been here tryin' to sing the truth to you
Guess you could say we've always been red white and blue
"Red White and Blue," Lynyrd Skynyrd
YankFan51
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers