Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kim 3 IP of relief tonight (so far)?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kim 3 IP of relief tonight (so far)?

Postby willieroe » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:16 pm

OK, I didn't expect THIS use of the Boston bullpen.... 48 pitches. Kim walked two in the 3rd inning of relief, but got Teixeira and Nix.

C'mon RedSox, score this inning and get Williamson in for the save!
willieroe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bukoski77 » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:20 pm

You obviously didnt trade for Kim earlier in the year like I did. This is a can of worms I dont need. :~(
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -6)

Postby jdh » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:22 pm

Williamson isn't even reporting to the Red Sox until tomorrow, so he won't be coming in. Apparently, Kim's delivery lets him throw more pitches and make more appearances than a conventional pitcher, so I wouldn't read too much into this. Their bullpen is taxed from Mendoza's meltdown yesterday so they just let him throw 3 innings. No big deal.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pkarr5000 » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:24 pm

if only cordero hadnt screwed up... :~(
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -12)

Postby willieroe » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:29 pm

jdh wrote:Williamson isn't even reporting to the Red Sox until tomorrow, so he won't be coming in. Apparently, Kim's delivery lets him throw more pitches and make more appearances than a conventional pitcher, so I wouldn't read too much into this. Their bullpen is taxed from Mendoza's meltdown yesterday so they just let him throw 3 innings. No big deal.

Thanks for that info, I didn't have it - does your source have the reason for the delay in Williamson reporting?

No, today is the last day I'll have Kim and Williamson on my team, and I just picked up Kim recently. I dropped Williamson today for the Kid, Harden, and I'll stick with Kim, Borowski, and MacDougal (who also almost got the win tonight.)
willieroe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Leiter Fan » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:31 pm

jdh wrote:Williamson isn't even reporting to the Red Sox until tomorrow, so he won't be coming in. Apparently, Kim's delivery lets him throw more pitches and make more appearances than a conventional pitcher, so I wouldn't read too much into this. Their bullpen is taxed from Mendoza's meltdown yesterday so they just let him throw 3 innings. No big deal.

Plus, Kim hasn't been used since last Sunday, so his arm was nice and fresh. Remember, the guy is also a starter, so his arm is durable for multiple innings.
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby willieroe » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:33 pm

Leiter Fan wrote:

Plus, Kim hasn't been used since last Sunday, so his arm was nice and fresh. Remember, the guy is also a starter, so his arm is durable for multiple innings.

I get nervous at about 60 pitches. ;-)
willieroe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Leiter Fan » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:34 pm

Well, then calm your nerves, since he only threw 48. ;-D
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Quaker » Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:44 am

Kim has a rubber arm. I read that when he was with Arizona, he would throw a ton of pitches every day on his own, no matter how many innings he had pitched recently. Management joked that they let him be a starter because he'd throw a ton of pitches anyway, so might as well let him do it in a game.
Quaker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Fri Aug 01, 2003 5:32 am

pkarr5000 wrote:if only cordero hadnt screwed up... :~(

Right there with you. :,-(
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers