Return to Baseball Leftovers

I need help with starts tomorrow...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I need help with starts tomorrow...

Postby warrick95 » Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:34 pm

12-team roto league, I'm currently about 30 innings under. I can start as many as I want.

Tim Hudson vs. New York Yankees
Kevin Millwood vs. San Diego Padres
Jerome Williams at Cincinnati Reds
Josh Beckett vs. Houston Astros

I'm thinking of starting all four, what do y'all think?

The Yankees can hit, but Hudson's a super stud.

The Padres have been hitting of late. Millwood's a bit hurt apparently, but come on, they're the Padres and Millwood's a stud.

I probably wouldnt've start Jerome Williams against the Reds of a month ago at Great American, but they don't seem all that dangerous anymore.

Beckett vs. Houston seems pretty dangerous. Another hard hitting team, but Beckett's been on top of his stuff lately. Had good outings against both Philadelphia and Montreal.

I'd probably have to bench one of my closers (Baez, Foulke, Marte, Gordon), as well, but that's not much of a concern to me.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -150)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pkarr5000 » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:29 pm

I would say ;-D to all 4. I am definetly starting Beckett. If he can dominate the Braves and Phillies, then there's a good chance he can get through the Stros. I'm just hoping Berkman doesn't play. Huddy at home is a good start anyday. I'd like to see Guillen smack a bomb in his first at bat as an A. I think Millwood will give up the most runs out of the 4 tomorrow just because he is way off, but should get some run support and cincy is just hopeless. i would even start damian moss against them if i still had him. good luck ;-D
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -12)

Postby Ousmagic » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:58 pm

i wud start all 4 and sit marte since it seems like gordon is getting most of the save opportunities, a couple of days ago i had this same situation with 4 pitchers so i kept in lincoln and took out gordon, lincoln imploded and gordon got a save :~(
Ousmagic
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jdh » Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:03 am

Hudson I'd definitely start. He's a stud, is on fire, and even against the Yankees, you've got to go for it. Start Millwood despite his slump against the lowly Padres.

Jerome Williams is a bit risky at GAB; even though the Reds are now without Griffey, Kearns, Boone, Guillen, etc, the ball still flies out of that park. I probably still would do it, given that Williams has only allowed 1 HR since coming up a couple months ago, so he doesn't seem to be the type of pitcher to be burned at that park. Beckett is the riskiest start, against a hot and potent Houston offense. The game being in Florida makes it less of a risk, but I would only start him if you need strikeouts, because there's the potential for the ERA and WHIP to not be pretty.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DieHardCubbie » Fri Aug 01, 2003 1:57 am

I would start Hudson, Millwood and Beckett in that order...and not take the chance on Williams in the GAB...
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -3266)

Postby warrick95 » Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:21 am

Well, thanks a lot for the help guys. I'm gonna go with my gut decision and start all four. ;-D
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -150)

Postby easygoing » Fri Aug 01, 2003 1:25 pm

I have williams, Hudson and Beckett and am starting Hudson and Beckett... they have been to nasty to not win, but I benched Williams... don't need to worry about good old Great American Ball Park tonight... good luck
easygoing
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers