Return to Baseball Leftovers

Boone OFFICIALLY traded to yankees

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Aug 01, 2003 1:59 am

[quote=
As Peter Gammons said, Reds fans probably want Marge back running the team. Sad, sad, sad.[/quote]

Maybe those fans who liked dog **** on the field.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby wrveres » Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:26 am

blankman wrote:This sucks. I hope something goes wrong with the deal so we can have Claussen back. I don't care how good Boone is; I want Claussen! :-C

if he is so awesome ... why was he a 5 or 6 year minor league player. 5 or 6 years is alot of developing ... alot.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby d » Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:43 am

blankman wrote:I hope something goes wrong with the deal so we can have Claussen back. I don't care how good Boone is; I want Claussen!

I never see him play, but from what I have heard of, he has missed 10 months with Tommy John surgery. His recovery is considered as fast and successful.

I would like to hear more about him too :-) . He should be able to get some more action in the big league this season.
d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:24 am

I know the Reds got a good pitcher in return for him, but Boone is a real good 4-tool player who busts his ass every play. He's also very unselfish and a team guy. We'll miss him here.

Going to be bittersweet seeing him playing in October, but good luck to Boonie in NY.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers