Return to Baseball Leftovers

Georgie Porgie won't even listen to his own People ...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Georgie Porgie won't even listen to his own People ...

Postby wrveres » Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:59 am

Rotoworld wrote:The Yankees, according to one source, talked to almost every team in baseball yesterday, most often about acquiring a big bat for right field or third base.
George Steinbrenner would love to land Vlad Guerrero or Brian Giles to play right field, but he may have to settle for adding Guerrero as a free agent in the offseason. Other names the Yankee brass discussed yesterday include: Aaron Boone, J.D. Drew, and Kelvim Escobar (to block the Red Sox from getting him, of course). GM Brian Cashman and manager Joe Torre have said that Karim Garcia and Ruben Sierra in right field, and Robin Ventura at third base, are more than enough for this team to win. The Boss sees it otherwise. The obstacle the Yankees face right now is they have very little to offer other than Brandon Claussen and money.

This gets out of hand every year ... I hope they choke again. I love watching the Yankees choke. It is quickly becoming my favorite pasttime. And since they have won roughly 25% of all the World Series'... That means they choke 75% of the time.

At times, Georgie Porgie reminds me why I enjoy watching my Padres. Life would suck as a fan if my team was forced to undergo such a disgusting display of unsportmanship every year. Here is a Manager and GM saying "Hey rich fat slob" we are good, maybe bullpen help but we are OK. And then "Rich Fat Slob" saying .. I don't care, I want to spend my money. I want to stick to the Sox. I want to stick it to Selig. I want to stick to the other owners. I don't care. Some day, there will be no one left to play with "Georgie Porgie". The who wil the Yankees play against?

I already have a 100.00 bet with my uncle that says Benetiz blows it for NYY in the first round. He wanted the second round so we had to draw straws. :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Super GM » Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:06 am

I'll put another 20 bucs on that bet! ;-D
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -55)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby guest » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:11 am

"Settle" for Guerrero? Only Steinbrenner....

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Baseball Leftovers