Return to Baseball Leftovers

please, stop whining about a. boone potentially being a yank

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

please, stop whining about a. boone potentially being a yank

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:17 am

you don't seem to understand that brandon claussen, who the yanks would be trading, is more valuable in the future than boone would be. to whine that that's bad for baseball is garbage. you'll love it when brandon claussen is a great pitcher that the yanks let go.

where were the complaints about williamson being traded for junk, when they wanted a better prospect and more cash from the yanks for him?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:38 am

from one Guest to another, I agree entirely. Even Lyon for Saurbeck is very one-sided and if you go back to last year MLB/Expos gave the Red Stockings Cliff Floyd for 2 no-name minor leaguers. But yet, no one complains unless it's the Yanks. It's just how life is, I guess.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby tjhksig » Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:45 am

Will you Yankee fans please sign in before making posts? You're fooling no one w/ your "Guest" posts. I can think of maybe 4 regulars, 2 of which I'm sure made the Guest posts.

At least have the balls to put a name to your post.
tjhksig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Quaker » Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:47 am

I agree, and I'm not a Yankees fan at all. I'm actually a big Jays fan, and I also like the Phillies. If this trade goes through, I think the Reds get the better end of it. I also agree that the Red Sox do similar -we're going to get some big players and give up crap, just because we have a lot of money and the other team doesn't- moves. The Cliff Floyd example is perfect. People don't complain when that happens, only when the Yankees do it.
Last edited by Quaker on Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quaker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby YankFan51 » Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:48 am

I agree. Clauuson is a potential ace, and has been scouted as being such. To give him up for a luxury, since Aaron Boone isn't that huge an upgrade over Robin Ventura, is very very risky. I'd like to try and see if the Reds would deal him for more cash and lower prospects than Clausson. They seem to like the cash
My hair's turnin' white, my neck's always been red, my collar's still blue
We've always been here tryin' to sing the truth to you
Guess you could say we've always been red white and blue
"Red White and Blue," Lynyrd Skynyrd
YankFan51
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby thehat » Thu Jul 31, 2003 3:16 am

Agree with Yanksfan....the Reds are only interested in getting as much cash as possible and could care less what players are involved. They've proven this with two deals the last two days in which they give up Williamson and Guillen for a bundle of greenbacks and a few guys who at best are marginal prospects. I really don't see the Yanks parting with Claussen unless Georgie Porgie is in a full bore panic mode. But I do expect NY to land either Boone or Vlad Guerrero.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -14)

Postby wrveres » Thu Jul 31, 2003 3:48 am

OMG .... You AL guys are whacked ... when did Aaron Boone lose all his value? When his dad was fired I guess. I want what ever you all are :*) smoking...
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby Shitney™ » Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:09 am

Quaker wrote: I agree, and I'm not a Yankees fan at all. I'm actually a big Jays fan, and I also like the Phillies.

so you are a blue jays fan, who happens to like mitch williams? ;-)
Shitney™
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -17)

Postby blankman » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:06 am

tjhksig wrote:Will you Yankee fans please sign in before making posts? You're fooling no one w/ your "Guest" posts. I can think of maybe 4 regulars, 2 of which I'm sure made the Guest posts.

At least have the balls to put a name to your post.

And who would you be refering too? :-?

Sounds to me like you are making poor assumptions. I know that if I have something to say, I'll say it.

I do agree with the Guests and I'm somewhat pissed off at the Yankee whiners. How about when the Sox dealt an injured player for one of the new bullpen guys (I forget who it was)? There weren't too many people crying about that. Or when they bought Williamson from the Reds? No whining there. But when the Yankees are potentially trading their top pitching prospect for a guy like Boone, many people get up in arms. Sounds like a double-standard to me.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -211)

Postby Super GM » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:26 am

wrveres wrote:OMG .... You AL guys are whacked ... when did Aaron Boone lose all his value? When his dad was fired I guess. I want what ever you all are :*) smoking...
I agree with wrveres. Boone has a lot of value, so why are you Yankee fans whining about having to give up Claussen. Boone should help the Yanks bigtime.
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -55)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers