Return to Baseball Leftovers

HUMAN WINDMILL- Jose Hernandez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

HUMAN WINDMILL- Jose Hernandez

Postby Lt Columbo » Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:25 am

What's the deal with this guy? Just because he plays in a hot area he thinks he needs to fan everyone with his swing while the pitch is coming? Is he still on pace to break the K record? Adam Dunn is getting there too. Anything thoughts or statistics? ;-D
Lt Columbo

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby guest » Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:54 am

I just hope that Lloyd McClendon keeps him in the whole season. Be a man about it, Jose. It's not like he totally sucks, he just strikes out every other time at the plate. The K record is kind of like the 20-loss season. No one wants to own it, but once they do, the smarter of them will realize that it's a testament to their staying power and the rest of their skill set that they managed to stay around long enough to reach the record. :-)

(Anyway, the Pirates literally don't have any other 3B on their roster. I'm crossing my fingers for Sean Burroughs, but barring that Jose looks like he'll be a fixture for the rest of this season.)

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby wrveres » Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:24 am

guest wrote:I'm crossing my fingers for Sean Burroughs, but barring that Jose looks like he'll be a fixture for the rest of this season.)

If Kevin Towers trades Sean Burroughs ... he might as well stay in Pittsburgh. Shit, Cincy has an opening, he could drop off an application on his way back to San Diego. We'll have your bags ready for ya Kevin.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby d » Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:27 am

I guess the manager would sit Jose when he is too close to the record? :-)
d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Youppi » Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:30 pm

he would strike out well over 200 times if he played every game, and if he played for a decent team he would see more playing time, cause he's not that bad when he makes contact. remember he was an all star last year. and it would be nice for bobby bonds to see his great negative record be broken before he passes away.
GO EXPOS
Youppi
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: -9)

Return to Baseball Leftovers