Return to Baseball Leftovers

I Have Re-Acquired Leiter!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I Have Re-Acquired Leiter!!!

Postby Leiter Fan » Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:15 am

I'm not sure if anyone cares, but just thought I would announce that I reacquired Al Leiter for my team.

As per Yahoo, "Leiter (10-5) extended his scoreless streak to 15 innings, a team high this season. He's 2-0 with a 0.95 ERA in three starts since coming off the disabled list July 20".

I gave up Placido Polanco, one of my bench players. C'Mon, with a screenname like mine, was there really any question that I'd get Al back as soon as he started showing verifiable signs of life? :-] ?
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:19 am

The 4 walks tonight bug me. I'm still going to wait. I can't afford his whip.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby Leiter Fan » Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:20 am

Madison wrote:The 4 walks tonight bug me. I'm still going to wait. I can't afford his whip.

His WHIP actually isn't THAT bad. Its around 1.25 over the last three games.
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: I Have Re-Acquired Leiter!!!

Postby wrveres » Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:29 am

Leiter Fan wrote:C'Mon, with a screenname like mine, was there really any question that I'd get Al back as soon as he started showing verifiable signs of life? :-] ?

actually I think its bad luck to be called "Player Fan" and not have that player on your team. Lucky for you, you are not a Troy "O'Leary Fan" :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Return to Baseball Leftovers