Return to Baseball Leftovers

A-Rod considering trade!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:42 pm

Madison wrote:Yes he does. Contrary to popular belief, Arod's contract is not for 10 years and 252 million. It's a 7 year 171 million dollar contract. The last 3 years are Arod's option if he wants to stay or not.

Thanks. I wasn't sure when the option years were. I had the impression that they were every few years- meaning maybe after the 3rd yr, after the 6th and so on. I guess I was mistaken. Thanks for clearing that up Madison. ;-D
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -211)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:45 pm

Leiter Fan wrote:We could just do with Reyes what you guys did with Soriano - move him from short to second! :-D

Didn't think of that. I don't know why. Whats the condition of the Mets' farm system? A-Rod is almost definately not going anywhere anytime soon, but I'd like to know whether the Mets' farm has the players to land a guy like A-Rod.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Madison » Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:45 pm

blankman wrote:
Madison wrote:Yes he does. Contrary to popular belief, Arod's contract is not for 10 years and 252 million. It's a 7 year 171 million dollar contract. The last 3 years are Arod's option if he wants to stay or not.

Thanks. I wasn't sure when the option years were. I had the impression that they were every few years- meaning maybe after the 3rd yr, after the 6th and so on. I guess I was mistaken. Thanks for clearing that up Madison. ;-D

No problem at all. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby tjhksig » Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:21 pm

pkarr5000 wrote:actually, if ny gets kaz, soriano would move to outfield to make room

Kaz is staying near the Pacific, meaning Seattle, LA, or SD.

The Yankees just need to leave well enough alone and realize this isn't Baseball Stars (random old-school Nintendo reference).
tjhksig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:24 pm

tjhksig wrote:The Yankees just need to leave well enough alone and realize this isn't Baseball Stars (random old-school Nintendo reference).

I had that game back then. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby tjhksig » Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:29 pm

Madison wrote:
tjhksig wrote:The Yankees just need to leave well enough alone and realize this isn't Baseball Stars (random old-school Nintendo reference).

I had that game back then. :-D

Still the funnest baseball game to play, IMO.

As much as I loathe A-rod, if he somehow came back to SEA, I'd accept him back.
tjhksig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby blankman » Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:56 pm

Why should they? They aren't breaking any rules. They pay the luxary tax. You can whine about a salary cap, but until one is instituted the Yankees or any other team don't have to refrain from spending. Other owners have the money to do what the Yankees do, but they choose to line their own pockets and claim that cities like Clevand and Detriot are small-market- please.

I'll try not to talk about the Yanks and their spending again, but I'll ask one rhetorical question:
"What rules are the Yankees breaking with their spending?"

Hopefully thats enough for me about the spending. Any other questions- read the end of my sig
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby tjhksig » Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:13 pm

Per your sig,

Why can't I whine about the Yankees AND root for my own team (Seattle)? Seems like the best of both worlds.

And I don't remember saying any RULES are being broken, only that this kind of thing is terrible for the game and only makes baseball look foolish and greedy.

Just b/c rules aren't broken doesn't mean something terrible and damaging isn't going on.

Of course, you're a Yankee fan, so why do you care? It's like a guy buying a prostitute; why work for sex when you can just BUY it?
tjhksig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby blankman » Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:27 pm

tjhksig wrote:Of course, you're a Yankee fan, so why do you care? It's like a guy buying a prostitute; why work for sex when you can just BUY it?

Thats a very poor analogy. I've decided not to care too much anymore. Whine all you want, George doesn't care that you whine and I'll try not to care anymore.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Shitney™ » Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:58 pm

this topic has gotten off topic... but i'll still put in my two cents

cent #1 : A-Rod said he would consider a trade if it came up, Texas responded with "huh?", we have never considered trading him, we don't think we will consider trading him, we wont say we won't, but its not something on our minds right now... (this is a pararphrase of course)

cent #2 : I havent heard that kazuo will only consider pacific coast teams, but he has said he doesn't want to play for NYY. (this too is a paraphrase, especially since i don't think he speaks english ;-) )
Shitney™
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -17)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers