Return to Baseball Leftovers

Any new trades yet?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby kentx12 » Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:45 pm

blankman wrote:
tjhksig wrote:Here's the latest from ESPN:

" The Yankees had a blockbuster deal in the works where they were to receive Vladimir Guerrero and Javier Vazquez in exchange for the souls of George Steinbrenner and the Baby Jesus. However, this trade was blocked by Commissioner Bud Selig when he reminded the Yankees that they had ALREADY sold their souls to the devil many years ago and have long since been the devil's henchman"

Well, maybe not, but you know it's true......

Even if I weren't a Yankees fan, I'd still have to say that was a very lame excuse for a joke :-P :-t

You mean it was a joke. I thought when I read it that it sounded like the truth to me.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -46)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tjhksig » Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:08 pm

kentx12 wrote:
You mean it was a joke. I thought when I read it that it sounded like the truth to me.

Exactly.

That's why it's so sad.
tjhksig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Leiter Fan » Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:35 am

blankman wrote:
tjhksig wrote:Here's the latest from ESPN:

" The Yankees had a blockbuster deal in the works where they were to receive Vladimir Guerrero and Javier Vazquez in exchange for the souls of George Steinbrenner and the Baby Jesus. However, this trade was blocked by Commissioner Bud Selig when he reminded the Yankees that they had ALREADY sold their souls to the devil many years ago and have long since been the devil's henchman"

Well, maybe not, but you know it's true......

Even if I weren't a Yankees fan, I'd still have to say that was a very lame excuse for a joke :-P :-t

Get a sense of humor, dude. I thought it was hilarious!!!
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

I agree

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:32 am

That was some funny trash talk. I think Steinbrenner would even laugh at that one. ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
(Past Year: -681)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers