Return to Baseball Leftovers

Not the season for Oswalt

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:46 pm

Mordraken wrote:We only are able to keep five keepers (salary cap $200, Randy Johnson & Pujolis went for $40 each, Giambi & Helton went for $35):

Roy Halladay ($4)
Woody Williams ($4 ! he's cheap and check out his consistency over the past 3 years)
Brandon Webb ($1)
Aaron Boone ($1)

The the choice comes down to Oswalt ($11), Edmonds ($10), Bonds ($28), Brett Myers ($1) or Dimitri Young ($1).

Tiexera MIGHT do better next year (2nd year players often slump), but the position is rich with tallent. People that could deliver 100 RBIs and 30 homers include Pujols, Lowell, Rolen, Blalock, Chavez, Ensberg, Glaus, Ramirez, and Hinske. That's 9 players in a 12 team league... 3B should be cheap next year. That's why I'm not keeping Texiera.

No way would i keep Woody. He will be 37, and looks awful right now. I would keep Bonds, a good buy compared to the 35-40 salaries mentioned, and Edmonds, whos a steal at 10. Myers and Young for a buck are good choices, if you dont want to spend. I disagree that 3b is rich. Ramirez hits 240, Hinske hasnt proven he might have played over his head, Ensberg platoons, Glaus hits 250, Pujols isnt really a 3b. Rolen, Chavez, Lowell are the big 3, but they pale to the studs at other positions.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:19 pm

crazybob60 wrote:Oswalt was in my list of keepers as well, but we are able to keep three ( no cap or year restrictions), but with this injury, I would think some of the others on my squad jump ahead of him. Maybe even Rich Harden. Right now I have Chavez, Sheff, Vlad, Maggs, Moose, Zito, and Harden. I've got the tough road ahead.

No way with 3 keepers would Harden even be a thought. To me, Vlad and Mags are locks, with Zito 3rd.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers