Return to Baseball Leftovers

Coco Crisp Less Valuable When He Returns?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Coco Crisp Less Valuable When He Returns?

Postby hoya1982 » Wed May 03, 2006 9:45 pm

Anyone else think Crisp might not be able to produce to everyone's preseason expectations when he returns? From what I understand, returning from a broken finger saps some of a player's power. Also, the Red Sox organization isn't very fond of SBs and they might reign him in when he returns seeing as his injury occurred during a SB attempt.
hoya1982
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed May 03, 2006 11:01 pm

As long as he is batting leadoff he still is pretty valuable.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -946)

Postby JustAnotherYanksFan » Wed May 03, 2006 11:29 pm

I would think there should be some concern with whether his finger will affect his ability to grip the bat. Also, it's possible that he'll be less likely to steal. So yeah, I think your concerns are definitely valid. But if I owned him, I'd still stick him in my lineup once he gets back.
JustAnotherYanksFan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -4)

Postby Tropico1804 » Wed May 03, 2006 11:46 pm

They're taking their time with him, making sure to give him plenty of time to heal so i wouldn't worry about it
Tropico1804
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Boggs » Thu May 04, 2006 12:19 am

My concerns would lie more in the realm of getting his hand around the bat, taking the impact of the contact, etc...The Sox definitely intended to use his speed this season, and this was a freak (albeit really dumb) things. Don't worry too much about the red light part.
Boggs Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -3)

Postby Rohan » Thu May 04, 2006 12:29 am

JustAnotherYanksFan wrote:I would think there should be some concern with whether his finger will affect his ability to grip the bat. Also, it's possible that he'll be less likely to steal. So yeah, I think your concerns are definitely valid. But if I owned him, I'd still stick him in my lineup once he gets back.

I'd say because of his broken knucke, there would be no hindering his stolen base potential. The problem is Mark Loretta
Rohan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pibb55 » Thu May 04, 2006 1:07 am

Boggs wrote:My concerns would lie more in the realm of getting his hand around the bat, taking the impact of the contact, etc...The Sox definitely intended to use his speed this season, and this was a freak (albeit really dumb) things. Don't worry too much about the red light part.

If you've watched Crisp bat, he doesn't completely put his hand around the bat like most, but he hangs them off and wiggles them, its hilarious... I think he'll be fine when he returns, and I still expect at least 25 SBs....thats AT LEAST
pibb55
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Boggs » Thu May 04, 2006 3:20 am

Oh, to be honest, I'm not much concerned about Coco in the slightest. I was merely saying that if there is a legitimate question, it's not about his base stealing...
Boggs Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RynMan » Thu May 04, 2006 3:43 am

I own him, and I'm shopping him.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -227)

Postby Apollo » Thu May 04, 2006 4:30 am

I like your sig, RynMan. I think Pringles' initial intention was to make tennis balls. But on the day that the rubber was supposed to show up, a big truckload of potatoes arrived. But Pringles is a laid-back company. They said "**** it. Cut 'em up!"
Apollo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers