The 3 biggest idiot franchises

Sleepers, updates, strategy, advice ... if it doesn't fit one of the more specialized categories, it goes right here! (Note: Please do NOT post trade, keeper or 'rate my team' questions - they have separate forums.)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

joeg24
T-Ball Trainer
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:59 pm
Roster Information: 12 Team Points League - 3 player keeper - 9 hitters, 4 SPs, and 2 RPs in lineup
C - Hernandez/Closser
1B - Pujols/Pena
2B - Boone/Biggio
3B - Arod/Atkins
SS - Cabrera/Barmes
OF - Beltran, Damon, Rios, Holiday, Hawpe, Mondesi
SP - Beckett, Burnett, Bonderman, Webb, Wolf, Wright, Robertson
CL - Dotel, K-Rod

Idiot

Post by joeg24 »

Hold up... Idiot Franchise... the Twins???

How can a team hovering around 50 mil in salary cap that's been very compeitive the last 5 years be called idiots? Because they are slowly working in a prospect (that this idiot franchise got as a throw in on a trade)? Should we treat him like Prior? Wood? Trade him for Victor Zambrano? Be patient, this one player means so much for this organization, we can't buy a 15 million dollar arm to replace him. this is it... we have to be careful...

I'd say

#1 - Yankees
#2 - Mets
#3 - Dodgers

All of us fantasy rubes could dominate this sport with those unfair advantages these teams fall short with most years (well the last handful for the yankee's).
TheYanks04
T-Ball Trainer
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:32 am

Post by TheYanks04 »

Halo Homers wrote:Here would be my top 3:

1. Kansas City - Pernenial losers an owner who does not have the pocketbook to compete. They call up their good arms too soon and ruin them.

2. Baltimore - Probably the worse personal decisions over the last 5 years. Looks like they might be turning it around this year.

3. Colorado / Texas (Tie) - Can't seem to find the winning formula in their hitters parks.

Excluded Washington as a special case. Florida in the running, but hey, they've won 2 World Series in 10 years, hard to complain about personal decisions.

As far a the Angel criticism goes, I think the biggest mistake they've made in the last couple of years is letting Jenks and Turnbow go for virtually nothing, now of course both closing. Could you imagine the Angels bullpen with those guys?



KC is owned by a Billionaire. They have the pocket book, esp given the welfare they receive. They are just plain old cheap.
Halo Homers
T-Ball Trainer
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:13 am
Roster Information: 13 Team 5x5 Roto Non Keeper
Scoring Cats(ERA,WHIP,K,W,S,BA,R,HR,RBI,SB)
1750 IP Max, 1200 Min

Hitters
Russell Martin LAD C
Bengie Molina SF C
Adrian Gonzalez SD 1B
Tadahito Iguchi CHW 2B
Jimmy Rollins PHI SS
Alex Rodriguez NYY 3B
Dan Johnson OAK CI
Rafael Furcal LAD MI
Carlos Lee HOU OF
Alex Rios TOR OF
Corey Patterson BAL OF
Josh Hamilton CIN OF
Shane Victorino PHI OF
JJ Hardy MIL U,SS
Conner Jackson ARI, 1B,MI Bench
Carlos Quentin ARI OF Bench
Hunter Pence HOU OF Bench

Pitchers
Jeremy Bonderman DET SP
John Lackey LAA SP
Chris Capuano MIL SP
Ervin Santana LAA SP
Tom Gorzelanny PIT SP
Todd Lincecum SF SP
Fausto Carmona CLE SP
Micah Owings ARI SP
Jeremy Sowers CLE SP
Armando Benitez SF RP
Al Reyes TB RP
Jon Lester BOS SP DL
Jake Westbrook SP DL

Post by Halo Homers »

TheYanks04 wrote:
Halo Homers wrote:Here would be my top 3:

1. Kansas City - Pernenial losers an owner who does not have the pocketbook to compete. They call up their good arms too soon and ruin them.

2. Baltimore - Probably the worse personal decisions over the last 5 years. Looks like they might be turning it around this year.

3. Colorado / Texas (Tie) - Can't seem to find the winning formula in their hitters parks.

Excluded Washington as a special case. Florida in the running, but hey, they've won 2 World Series in 10 years, hard to complain about personal decisions.

As far a the Angel criticism goes, I think the biggest mistake they've made in the last couple of years is letting Jenks and Turnbow go for virtually nothing, now of course both closing. Could you imagine the Angels bullpen with those guys?



KC is owned by a Billionaire. They have the pocket book, esp given the welfare they receive. They are just plain old cheap.


________________________________________________________

You're right KC just plain cheap.
User avatar
Omaha Red Sox
T-Ball Trainer
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:27 pm
Beginner: No
Roster Information: C - Brian McCann, ATL
1B - Justin Morneau, MIN
2B - Brian Roberts, BAL
3B - Gordon Beckham, CHW
SS - Troy Tulowitzki, COL
OF - Grady Sizemore, CLE
OF - Jason Bay, BOS
OF - Jayson Werth, PHI
UTIL - Ben Zobrist, TB

SP - Tim Lincecum, SF
SP - Dan Haren, ARI
RP - Jonathan Broxton, LAD
RP - Joakim Soria, KC
SP - Ricky Nolasco, FLA
SP - Brandon Webb, ARI
SP - Scott Baker, MIN
SP - Justin Masterson, CLE
SP - Brian Duensing, MIN

Post by Omaha Red Sox »

patty cheeks wrote:The Reds are pretty idiotic especially the old GM who wont spend a penny.


This is the team I thought up when I read the title. :-B
Image
jvmillion83
T-Ball Trainer
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:09 pm

Post by jvmillion83 »

The most idiotic franchise is KC. They are such a joke. The guy spends the smallest amount possible to put any major league players out on the field. The market opportunities are limited in KC but this owner makes things worse than they already are. Its owners like this guy on why baseball needs a min payroll limit.
Tavish
Bouncer
Bouncer
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 1:52 am
Beginner: No

Post by Tavish »

jvmillion83 wrote:The most idiotic franchise is KC. They are such a joke. The guy spends the smallest amount possible to put any major league players out on the field. The market opportunities are limited in KC but this owner makes things worse than they already are. Its owners like this guy on why baseball needs a min payroll limit.


And somehow they managed to outspend the Rockies, Pirates, D-Rays and of course the Marlins.
Dark Knight
T-Ball Trainer
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:50 pm

Post by Dark Knight »

Yankees over the last few years is #1

1.Big Unit
2.Wright
3.Pavano

Nuff said.
Pokeyouindaeye
T-Ball Trainer
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:35 pm
Beginner: No

Post by Pokeyouindaeye »

HOOTIE wrote:
Pokeyouindaeye wrote:Can we add the Mariners? I mean, I'm a fan and all, but they have certainly made their lion's share of boneheaded decisions in the years following Piniella and Gillick. Bob Melvin was atrocious, and Bill Bavasi doesn't seem to want to field a competitive team with the type of talent he's been signing. (Extension for Ibanez? Jarrod Washburn?)


Ibanez is one of the few Mariners who can hit. Washburn pitches at least. Not saying the club is making great moves, but those 2 were not bad.


I think it's more of me thinking that we could have possibly signed better players for around the same amount of money, or less. Maybe I'm just too pessimistic at the moment.
giants!
T-Ball Trainer
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:18 pm

Post by giants! »

Dark Knight wrote:Yankees over the last few years is #1

1.Big Unit
2.Wright
3.Pavano

Nuff said.


You hunored me with this response. The Big Unit is not dumb management, I wont even get into that. But you cannot say that the Yankees management is the worst in baseball, they are the most willing to spend money. The dumbest managements are the ones who have money but refuse to spend it
Tavish
Bouncer
Bouncer
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 1:52 am
Beginner: No

Post by Tavish »

giants! wrote:The dumbest managements are the ones who have money but refuse to spend it


Thats exactly the opposite of how I see it. The dumbest managements are those that spend their money poorly. The Royals are guilty of spending their money poorly, but I wouldn't consider them the biggest idiots because there are teams out there that spend a great deal more and haven't succeeded to any higher of a level.
Post Reply

Return to “Baseball Leftovers”