Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ron Villone

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ron Villone

Postby Leiter Fan » Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:08 pm

I can't believe I'm actually asking this, but does anyone think this guy is worth a flyer? He's been looking good so far, and I have an open spot since I missed out on the Rich Harden sweepstakes.
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby guest » Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:03 pm

No. He was a Pirate last year, and I remember he was pretty streaky. Would be doing OK to well a couple starts, then suddenly explode and return to his normal mediocre self. Maybe in real deep NL-only leagues, but I think his ERA at the end of the season will be closer to 6 than 3.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby pkarr5000 » Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:07 pm

he's a good, aggresive pitcher, but I think it's a little too early to consider picking this guy up. He would give you a lot of k's but ole jimy doesn't like to leave him in there for too long. 6 innings max. Wait a few weeks and see if he continues to pitch so dominantly at minute maid. The ex-quaterback has been a pleasant surprise though for the astros, though.
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -12)

Postby RoxSox8 » Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:13 pm

I actually picked him up 3 starts ago for Politte, because I needed a spot start and took a gamble, and he has delivered. I have him on a short leash, and one bad start and he may be gone. I actually dropped Kinney today, for Harden, and kept Villone. I'm a gambling man trying to make the playoffs, so I had little to loose. ;-7
I'm not Mr. Lebowski man, I'm the Dude.

Red Sox Fan
Rockies Fan
RoxSox8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)

Return to Baseball Leftovers