Hall of Famers

Sleepers, updates, strategy, advice ... if it doesn't fit one of the more specialized categories, it goes right here! (Note: Please do NOT post trade, keeper or 'rate my team' questions - they have separate forums.)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tavish
Bouncer
Bouncer
Beginner: No

Post by Tavish »

DK wrote:He may not get in first-ballot because he started his career late, played half of it as a DH, and on top of that he played all of it in a pitcher's park, but Edgar Martinez is a surefire first-ballot HoFer in my opinion.

I don't see Edgar ever making it in. He is a slightly better version of John Olerud, but with less than four seasons played in the field. Playing in an offensive era his numbers just aren't flashy enough to get the votes.

Locks if they never played another game(unless the voters suddenly develop a conscience)

Bonds
Griffey

Clemens
Maddux
RJ
Pedro

Chance of becoming locks pretty soon
ARod (2 years from 500 HR)
Jeter ( 3-4 more seasons of top flight production and will get in with his name value backing him up)
Vladimir ( 5-6 years from being a lock)
Manny ( 2 years from 500 HR)
DK
T-Ball Trainer

Post by DK »

ReginaldVelJohnson wrote:I wouldn't really say Edgar Martinez and Manny Ramirez are comperable at all.

I didn't try to compare them. Separate statements. :-)
Andy1234
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Andy1234 »

*Bonds
Clemens
Maddox

maybe Griffey Jr, He'll get in, its just a maybe on sure fire 1st ballot

*Bonds is the wild card, he should be a sure fire 1st ballot, but the Steroids issue could prevent that from happening.
TheYanks04
T-Ball Trainer

Post by TheYanks04 »

Everyone belongs in the HOF....EVERYONE. Play 10 years and you should automaticallly qualify. It is only fair. If Ozzie Smith can get in with a 660 OPS, then anyone good enough to play regularly for 10 or more years should qualify as an all time great.
Havok1517
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: 12 Team 5X5 H2H 28 Man Roster Dynasty Keeper League

C: Salvador Perez (C)
1B: Joey Votto (1B)
2B: Gordon Beckham (2B)
3B: Aramis Ramirez (3B)
SS: Troy Tulowitski (SS)
OF: Carlos Gonzalez (OF)
OF: Ryan Braun (OF)
OF: Carlos Beltran (OF)
Util: Justin Morneau (1B)
Util: Michael Stanton (OF)
Bench: Nick Castellanos (3B)
Bench: Nick Markakis (OF)
Bench: Jonathan Villar (SS)
Bench: Javier Báez (SS)
Bench: Oscar Tavares (OF)
NA: Carlos Correa (SS)

SP: Felix Hernandez (SP)
SP: Zack Greinke (SP)
RP: Casey Janssen (RP)
RP: Jim Johnson (RP)
P: Ricky Nolasco (SP)
P: Jared Weaver (SP)
P: Yovani Gallardo (SP)
Bench: Lance Lynn (SP)
Bench: Jacob Turner (SP)
Bench: Yordano Ventura (SP)
Bench: Carlos Martinez (SP,RP)
Bench: Alex Wood (SP,RP)
NA: Robert Stephenson (SP)
NA: Max Fried (SP)

Farm System:
01: L. Brinson (Tex - OF)
02: Al. Reyes (Stl - SP)
03: Josh Bell (OF)
04. Drew Ward (3B)

Post by Havok1517 »

I think Andruw Jones will be in. He's only 29, has over 300HR, a ton of Gold Gloves, and has already started this year off with a bang.
bceagles04
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: C Napoli
1B Swisher
2B Phillips
3B Jones
SS Rollins
OF Holliday
OF Vicorino
OF Hart
Util C. Pena
BN Matsui
BN LaRoche
BN Ad Cabrera

SP CC Sabathia
SP Lackey
SP Meche
SP Slowey
SP Scherzer
SP Cueto
SP Dempster
SP Nolasco
SP Duke
SP Price
RP Soriano

Post by bceagles04 »

Havok1517 wrote:I think Andruw Jones will be in. He's only 29, has over 300HR, a ton of Gold Gloves, and has already started this year off with a bang.

Yup, he has an outside shot right now IMO...but I if he keeps up these HR numbers...he has a very good shot
BronXBombers51
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: [quote]12 Teams - 6x6 (Normal plus OPS & Losses) - Rotisserie - 4 to 8 keepers per year

*denotes keeper

C- Brian McCann
1B- Billy Butler
2B- Omar Infante
3B- Miguel Cabrera*
SS- Troy Tulowitzki*
OF- Andrew McCutchen*
OF- Nelson Cruz
OF- Carl Crawford
Utl- Pablo Sandoval*
Utl- Norichika Aoki

B- Nick Markakis, Kendrys Morales, Denard Span, Neil Walker, Evan Gattis

DL- Ian Kinsler*

SP- Felix Hernandez*, Yu Darvish*, Yovani Gallardo*, Jonathon Niese, Marco Estrada

RP- Addison Reed, Casey Janssen, Edward Mujica, David Robertson, Luke Gregerson

DL- Alexi Ogando
[/quote]

Post by BronXBombers51 »

I saw some people with Mariano Rivera on their lists. I suggest you add Trevor Hoffman, before DM and Wrveres have a conniption. :-b
thedude
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: "This year I'm told that the team did well because one pitcher had a fine curve ball. I understand that a curve ball is thrown with a deliberate attempt to deceive. Surely that is not an ability we should want to foster at Harvard."Charles Eliot
"Professional athletes should not be role models. Hell, I know drug dealers who can dunk. Can drug dealers be role models?"-Charles Barkley

"Heroes and cowards feel exactly the same fear. Heroes just react to it differently."

"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.

Post by thedude »

ReginaldVelJohnson wrote:Derek Jeter

Even if you hate him, he's the Yankee captain of the dynasty. He'll retire with a .300+ avg, 3000 hits, possibly 300 HR, and a few gold gloves.

If he retired today, Jeter would not be a first ballot HOFer.

Pedro has to be on the list. He would get in 5 years if he blow out his arm on his next pitch (which is a possibility with this guy)

Manny
Arod
Jeter

Are all on thier way to being HOFers but need a few more years each.
bellings
T-Ball Trainer

Post by bellings »

TheYanks04 wrote:Everyone belongs in the HOF....EVERYONE. Play 10 years and you should automaticallly qualify. It is only fair. If Ozzie Smith can get in with a 660 OPS, then anyone good enough to play regularly for 10 or more years should qualify as an all time great.

Yes, every player that plays for 10 years, posts a 660 OPS, and is the greatest player of all time at the most important defensive position in baseball should make the HOF.

Return to “Baseball Leftovers”