Return to Baseball Leftovers

Berkman comments on steroids and pitching

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Berkman comments on steroids and pitching

Postby NikkiSixx » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:52 pm

The Jury wrote:
NikkiSixx wrote:
reynolds80 wrote:"You knew there was going to be a day of reckoning," Berkman said Wednesday while McTaggart and I chatted with him.

At first it seemed as though Berkman was joking, as usual. But he was somewhat serious, even pointing out that more pitchers than hitters have been suspended for using steroids.

"Everybody wants to talk about the hitters being juiced," he said. "Nobody even really thinks about the pitchers. Before they were throwing 95-mph, but now they're throwing 90. It's going to be a whole different feel."

http://blogs.chron.com/baseballblog/arc ... n_ste.html

Makes you wonder if guys like Oliver Perez were on steroids, he sucks right now and his velocity is way down.

I'm not sure about the season because I don't catch Pirates games often, but in the WBC Ollie was consistently hitting 92-94.

And thats why he was more effective in WBC, he hasnt gotten higher than 91 during the season.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 368)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheOmen » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:28 am

Ok, so lets recap. Wrveres makes a post in a thread about steroids, calling people "sheep", and it had nothing to do with Bonds? The fact that you even posted that is proof that you don't respect anybody here. If you did, you would never insult our intelligence that way.

;-D
TheOmen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Krunk City King$ » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:14 am

josebach wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Krunk City King$ wrote:
TheOmen wrote:
Krunk City King$ wrote:
wrveres wrote:edit: I just did a word search of both pages and yep ... you were the first person to bring him up

:-D

some people cannot talk roids without talking Bonds....it is like he invented them or something....

It appears to me the entire purpose of this thread is to say 'Yeah, Bonds did it, but so did these pitchers!". Another lame attempt to make it seem as though he is a martyr.

WRONG! :-t

"the entire purpose" of this thread was to discuss what Berkman said about pitchers and steriods... Image

Title of current thread that you have posted in: Berkman comments on steroids and pitching

lol ..

apparently what we have here is one big cafe conspiracy ..
the conversation was going along just fine, and then somebody decided to make it about Barry .. and his logic was ..

"well thats what you really meant to say, you all were just lying to us. You didn't want to talk about Pitchers using steriods, you wanted to talk about Bonds, so we are just helping you" ...

thank you guys ;-D

you know Krunk, maybe we should start a thread about picthers using steriods so we can talk about that.

Oh look .. here's one

Well, you're partially right. The thread WAS going along just fine until you posted this:
wrveres wrote:Its pretty close to a 60 (pitchers)/ 40 (batters) split for steriods use ..

Of course you'll never hear the sheep admit it ..

baaaah

Ok, so lets recap. Wrveres makes a post in a thread about steroids, calling people "sheep", and it had nothing to do with Bonds? The fact that you even posted that is proof that you don't respect anybody here. If you did, you would never insult our intelligence that way.

Here's a page you should visit:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=integrity

actually it was going fine until this was posted....

TheYanks04 wrote:AH but they don't use flax seed oil or dress in drag. So how would Prior look in a dress?

like I said earlier, SOME CANNOT talk roids without talking Bonds....maybe if he was a yankee, it would be a little different.

Good Day...
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)

steroids

Postby Eightan » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:40 am

wrveres wrote:
bleach168 wrote:
Its pretty close to a 60 (pitchers)/ 40 (batters) split for steriods use ..

And this is proven where?

I realize that you believe that anything that flows from my keyboard is bullchit, so to be honest I don't even know why I bother replying to you ..

but Here Image

this article is about minor leaguers, so how exactly do you apply the same ratio (which is based on a sample of only 5 players by the way) to the major leagues?
you can't live the dream, if you don't play the game
Eightan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wrveres » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:06 pm

bleach168 wrote:
wrveres wrote:
bleach168 wrote:

I realize that you believe that anything that flows from my keyboard is bullchit, so to be honest I don't even know why I bother replying to you ..

but Here Image

Yup 54-50 is close to 60-40. ;-D

An important, but sadly hard to quantify factor is to what degree do steroids help pitchers and hitters. A lot of people perceive steroids to help hitters more than pitchers but who knows.

getting closer to 60/40 ..

http://blogs.nydailynews.com/mets/archives/2006/04/bannister_update.php

anybody want to make me a paperbag bet that it'll be close to 75% (pitchers)/ 25% (batters) by seasons end?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Re: steroids

Postby wrveres » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:09 pm

Eightan wrote:
wrveres wrote:
bleach168 wrote:

but Here Image

this article is about minor leaguers, so how exactly do you apply the same ratio (which is based on a sample of only 5 players by the way) to the major leagues?

a sample of 5 players? :-o

what ever dude ..
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers