Return to Baseball Leftovers

Berkman comments on steroids and pitching

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby josebach » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:08 pm

wrveres wrote:
Krunk City King$ wrote:
TheOmen wrote:
Krunk City King$ wrote:
wrveres wrote:edit: I just did a word search of both pages and yep ... you were the first person to bring him up

:-D

some people cannot talk roids without talking Bonds....it is like he invented them or something....

It appears to me the entire purpose of this thread is to say 'Yeah, Bonds did it, but so did these pitchers!". Another lame attempt to make it seem as though he is a martyr.

WRONG! :-t

"the entire purpose" of this thread was to discuss what Berkman said about pitchers and steriods... Image

Title of current thread that you have posted in: Berkman comments on steroids and pitching

lol ..

apparently what we have here is one big cafe conspiracy ..
the conversation was going along just fine, and then somebody decided to make it about Barry .. and his logic was ..

"well thats what you really meant to say, you all were just lying to us. You didn't want to talk about Pitchers using steriods, you wanted to talk about Bonds, so we are just helping you" ...

thank you guys ;-D

you know Krunk, maybe we should start a thread about picthers using steriods so we can talk about that.

Oh look .. here's one

Well, you're partially right. The thread WAS going along just fine until you posted this:
wrveres wrote:Its pretty close to a 60 (pitchers)/ 40 (batters) split for steriods use ..

Of course you'll never hear the sheep admit it ..

baaaah

Ok, so lets recap. Wrveres makes a post in a thread about steroids, calling people "sheep", and it had nothing to do with Bonds? The fact that you even posted that is proof that you don't respect anybody here. If you did, you would never insult our intelligence that way.

Here's a page you should visit:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=integrity
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DK » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:17 pm

Josebach, it's pretty clear to me that Wrveres was discussing the myth that pitchers use steroids more than hitters do, and this is true even though the mainstream perception of steroid users are hitters and not pitchers.

You're crying conspiracy theory on that one.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -456)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby josebach » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:24 pm

DK wrote:Josebach, it's pretty clear to me that Wrveres was discussing the myth that pitchers use steroids more than hitters do, and this is true even though the mainstream perception of steroid users are hitters and not pitchers.

You're crying conspiracy theory on that one.

Ok, lets see one thread where wrveres has called somebody a sheep when it wasn't referring to people who were anti-Bonds (besides this one). He says he does it all the time. Let's see a thread.

Ever since he was FINALLY convinced that Bonds took steroids, he's done nothing but make excuses and shift blame. One of his most recent justifications was that pitchers were also juicing so that it make it OK for Bonds to do it. The fact that he specifically called people "sheep" in this thread directly or not, still goes back to Bonds... and he knows it. And so does anybody else that's spent any time in that Bonds 100 page debacle of a thread.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DK » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:31 pm

josebach wrote:Ok, lets see one thread where wrveres has called somebody a sheep when it wasn't referring to people who were anti-Bonds (besides this one). He says he does it all the time. Let's see a thread.

Ever since he was FINALLY convinced that Bonds took steroids, he's done nothing but make excuses and shift blame. One of his most recent justifications was that pitchers were also juicing so that it make it OK for Bonds to do it. The fact that he specifically called people "sheep" in this thread directly or not, still goes back to Bonds... and he knows it. And so does anybody else that's spent any time in that Bonds 100 page debacle of a thread.

Wow, jose. You have one hell of an axe to grind.

I don't care enough to go search through all the threads, but I have seen wrveres use the word "sheep" outside of a Bonds context. One that comes to mind was a joke in the VKC about Madison bidding $19 on F. Cordero 5 minutes after wr said someone should.

I'm pretty sure saying "he might have" is not being convinced. It's a possibility statement. Bonds might have taken steroids. I agree, it's possible. But it's not definite.

Not only this, but pitchers also use steroids more than hitters. Not only this, but greenies are much more deadly than steroids. Yet you never hear a word about them on ESPN, or in the papers. They scream "Lyle Alzado" and "Ken Caminiti" when in fact Alzado/Cam were on like 50 drugs. I'm sure I don't have to explain how many people have died due to an overdose of meth.

Stop making this thread about Bonds. It's not about Bonds, never was until you brought him up, and then attacked other people for bringing him up.

Do you realize how stupid that sounds?
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby josebach » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:46 pm

DK wrote:
josebach wrote:Ok, lets see one thread where wrveres has called somebody a sheep when it wasn't referring to people who were anti-Bonds (besides this one). He says he does it all the time. Let's see a thread.

I don't care enough to go search through all the threads, but I have seen wrveres use the word "sheep" outside of a Bonds context. One that comes to mind was a joke in the VKC about Madison bidding $19 on F. Cordero 5 minutes after wr said someone should.

I'm pretty sure saying "he might have" is not being convinced. It's a possibility statement. Bonds might have taken steroids. I agree, it's possible. But it's not definite.

Not only this, but pitchers also use steroids more than hitters. Not only this, but greenies are much more deadly than steroids. Yet you never hear a word about them on ESPN, or in the papers. They scream "Lyle Alzado" and "Ken Caminiti" when in fact Alzado/Cam were on like 50 drugs. I'm sure I don't have to explain how many people have died due to an overdose of meth.

Stop making this thread about Bonds. It's not about Bonds, never was until you brought him up, and then attacked other people for bringing him up.

Actually what sounds stupid is hearing that somebody else actually believes that wrveres motivation for posting in this thread had absolutely nothing to do with Bonds. Amazing. BTW, didn't you used to have a 25 in your sig? ;-)
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DK » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:51 pm

josebach wrote:
DK wrote:

Actually what sounds stupid is hearing that somebody else actually believes that wrveres motivation for posting in this thread had absolutely nothing to do with Bonds. Amazing. BTW, didn't you used to have a 25 in your sig? ;-)

Uh, no, I never did. ;-)

What is your problem? Get over yourself. This has nothing to do with Bonds, and you made it about him. Wrveres is upset over the idea that steroids automatically make you a better hitter, that they're being banned for health purposes, etc. It upsets me as well. The helpfulness of steroids is vastly overstated. Just ask Jorge Piedra, or Alex Sanchez, or basically every hitter not named Palmeiro who's been busted (and even Palmeiro's steroid cloud is confusing; B-12 shots and the like) how much it helped them to be a great hitter. The great hype machine pumps up steroids but greenies are an afterthought, even though they kill.

But keep pretending you know what everyone else believes and thinks. It doesn't look pretentious or make you look bad at all. ;D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby reynolds80 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:07 pm

Listen you bunch of lunatics! I started this thread, only because I think Berkman's an interesting guy and I thought his comments were pretty noteworthy. I can assure you that Bonds was not on my mind when I posted the thread!

I still love all of you
reynolds80
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:57 pm

reynolds80 wrote:Listen you bunch of lunatics! I started this thread, only because I think Berkman's an interesting guy and I thought his comments were pretty noteworthy. I can assure you that Bonds was not on my mind when I posted the thread!

I still love all of you

This is the BASH. Where apologist spin-meisters and obfuscators will come out from under their rocks to defend their "precious" at any possible chance. And since any mention of cheaters, liars and roids ultimately leads to said same/the undisputed master of the fraud, how could you not think his name would come up?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -58)

Postby reynolds80 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:47 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
reynolds80 wrote:Listen you bunch of lunatics! I started this thread, only because I think Berkman's an interesting guy and I thought his comments were pretty noteworthy. I can assure you that Bonds was not on my mind when I posted the thread!

I still love all of you

This is the BASH. Where apologist spin-meisters and obfuscators will come out from under their rocks to defend their "precious" at any possible chance. And since any mention of cheaters, liars and roids ultimately leads to said same/the undisputed master of the fraud, how could you not think his name would come up?

I agree with your sentiment. I played college ball and, although I was at the top of my conference, I did not get drafted or play pro ball but probably would have had I juiced. So my resentment of the cheaters is on a more personal level than some.
reynolds80
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Berkman comments on steroids and pitching

Postby NikkiSixx » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:50 pm

HasteTheDay wrote:
NikkiSixx wrote:
reynolds80 wrote:"You knew there was going to be a day of reckoning," Berkman said Wednesday while McTaggart and I chatted with him.

At first it seemed as though Berkman was joking, as usual. But he was somewhat serious, even pointing out that more pitchers than hitters have been suspended for using steroids.

"Everybody wants to talk about the hitters being juiced," he said. "Nobody even really thinks about the pitchers. Before they were throwing 95-mph, but now they're throwing 90. It's going to be a whole different feel."

http://blogs.chron.com/baseballblog/arc ... n_ste.html

Makes you wonder if guys like Oliver Perez were on steroids, he sucks right now and his velocity is way down.

wow :-t

Dont get me wrong dude, I am still a huge Oliver Perez fan, but I am searching for answers as to why he is sucking so bad and why his velocity is so low. He is frustrating, but I am still holding onto him.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 368)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers