Return to Baseball Leftovers

Berkman comments on steroids and pitching

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:15 pm

bleach168 wrote:
wrveres wrote:
bleach168 wrote:
Its pretty close to a 60 (pitchers)/ 40 (batters) split for steriods use ..

And this is proven where?

I realize that you believe that anything that flows from my keyboard is bullchit, so to be honest I don't even know why I bother replying to you ..

but Here Image

Yup 54-50 is close to 60-40. ;-D

An important, but sadly hard to quantify factor is to what degree do steroids help pitchers and hitters. A lot of people perceive steroids to help hitters more than pitchers but who knows.

LOL ..

As soon as I found that link, I knew you were going to call me on my numbers .. :-o I had remembered reading it before and knew it favored pitching ... I was close

It will be 60/40 by seasons end though ... watch. ;-7

My point all along has been this myth that the media has shoved down our throats about steriods and sluggers. Even if a slugger decides to take steriods, he still has to hit the gym. They are not a magic drug. He still must put in the work to 'bulk up' ..
IMHO, If used properly steriods are no more harmful than a protein shake, but you wuld be hard pressed to hear or see the media tell you otherwise.
They are just trying to sell papers, and the more hype they can create, the better for business.

I mean hell, greenies kill. Dead! .. Done .. Cooked .. but you would be hard pressed to see any media outlet come out and tell you this.

In that sense, it is just like pitchers.
chicks don't dig the 99 MPH heater obviouslly, but doesn't the media have some sort of responiblity to inform the public that they were wrong. I mean what did those stats show ... 13 Outfielders? That is generally your power guys right there, why aren't they bieng busted left and right, but yet pitchers are bieng caught on the average of 2 per week and you hear nothing ... a blurb on the back page. Maybe it gets a mention on the final 10 minutes of Sportscenter, if at all.

To me .. it is hypocrisy ..
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby josebach » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:31 pm

wrveres wrote:
bleach168 wrote:
wrveres wrote:
bleach168 wrote:
Its pretty close to a 60 (pitchers)/ 40 (batters) split for steriods use ..

And this is proven where?

I realize that you believe that anything that flows from my keyboard is bullchit, so to be honest I don't even know why I bother replying to you ..

but Here Image

Yup 54-50 is close to 60-40. ;-D

An important, but sadly hard to quantify factor is to what degree do steroids help pitchers and hitters. A lot of people perceive steroids to help hitters more than pitchers but who knows.

LOL ..

As soon as I found that link, I knew you were going to call me on my numbers .. :-o I had remembered reading it before and knew it favored pitching ... I was close

It will be 60/40 by seasons end though ... watch. ;-7

My point all along has been this myth that the media has shoved down our throats about steriods and sluggers. Even if a slugger decides to take steriods, he still has to hit the gym. They are not a magic drug. He still must put in the work to 'bulk up' ..
IMHO, If used properly steriods are no more harmful than a protein shake, but you wuld be hard pressed to hear or see the media tell you otherwise.
They are just trying to sell papers, and the more hype they can create, the better for business.

I mean hell, greenies kill. Dead! .. Done .. Cooked .. but you would be hard pressed to see any media outlet come out and tell you this.

In that sense, it is just like pitchers.
chicks don't dig the 99 MPH heater obviouslly, but doesn't the media have some sort of responiblity to inform the public that they were wrong. I mean what did those stats show ... 13 Outfielders? That is generally your power guys right there, why aren't they bieng busted left and right, but yet pitchers are bieng caught on the average of 2 per week and you hear nothing ... a blurb on the back page. Maybe it gets a mention on the final 10 minutes of Sportscenter, if at all.

To me .. it is hypocrisy ..

I don't recall anybody ever saying that pitchers don't use steroids. Now because some pitchers got busted you're somehow using it as evidence that you're right or something? Show me anywhere where anybody that was anti-Bonds said that pithcers don't use steroids.

The thing that you absolutely refuse to understand is what Bonds did while he was on steroids. Let me try again to explain it to you using an analogy. Lets say 2 guys commit armed robbery. One guy robs the local convenient store and another guy robs Fort Knox. Which guy do you expect the law to come down harder on? Which guy do you expect the media to come down harder on? The pitcher who used steroids who gained an extra couple MPH on his fastball or the guy who used steroids to become the best hitter to ever play the game? IT'S COMMON SENSE!!!!! Bonds got greedy. He didnt' need to take them and he did anyway. Is what he did worse than the what the pitchers did? Maybe, maybe not, but there's no debating why he's under the microscope and some no-name minor league guys aren't. Of course, using logic to exlain anything to you has already proven numerous times to be futile, so I don't know why I'm even bothering. All armed robberies are not equal in the eyes of the law just like all cheaters in baseball aren't equal in the eyes of the fans. DEAL WITH IT!
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby wrveres » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:41 pm

Umm this is not the Bonds thread ...

this is the Berkman and pitchers thread.
If you want to talk Bonds, you need to post that in the Bonds thread .. ;-7 :-D

edit: I just did a word search of both pages and yep ... you were the first person to bring him up
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Krunk City King$ » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:51 pm

wrveres wrote:edit: I just did a word search of both pages and yep ... you were the first person to bring him up

:-D

some people cannot talk roids without talking Bonds....it is like he invented them or something....
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)

Postby josebach » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:55 pm

wrveres wrote:Umm this is not the Bonds thread ...

this is the Berkman and pitchers thread.
If you want to talk Bonds, you need to post that in the Bonds thread .. ;-7 :-D

edit: I just did a word search of both pages and yep ... you were the first person to bring him up

I was the first person to bring him up? Hmmmmm. I'm wondering why you decided to call everybody sheep? :-? :-? :-?

I know, because there was a 100 page thread about how pitchers don't do steroids. :-b

Yeah, I brought up Bonds. ;-D
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheOmen » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:58 pm

Krunk City King$ wrote:
wrveres wrote:edit: I just did a word search of both pages and yep ... you were the first person to bring him up

some people cannot talk roids without talking Bonds....it is like he invented them or something....

It appears to me the entire purpose of this thread is to say 'Yeah, Bonds did it, but so did these pitchers!". Another lame attempt to make it seem as though he is a martyr.
TheOmen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wrveres » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:07 pm

so sheep = Bonds?

That is some interesting logic. Curious as to how you came to that assumption. Actually no I am not .. but oh well

I use the sheep reference all the time. Alot more than just here in this forum. I probably say that term two to three times a day.
but who knew .. this whole time I was talking Barry.

Persoanlly I always thought it refered to people who just blindly follow what ever the media tells them ... Guess I was wrong ... I didn't even know the meaning of my own slang ..wow

By my count here Mr Bach, your batting a big fat zero ..
lets recap ..
You knew with "Not a doubt in your mind" as to why I like Bonds so much ... and you were wrong.

and now sheep equals Bonds ...
sorry there buddy, you are wrong again ..

imagine that
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Krunk City King$ » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:20 pm

TheOmen wrote:
Krunk City King$ wrote:

It appears to me the entire purpose of this thread is to say 'Yeah, Bonds did it, but so did these pitchers!". Another lame attempt to make it seem as though he is a martyr.

WRONG! :-t

"the entire purpose" of this thread was to discuss what Berkman said about pitchers and steriods... Image

Title of current thread that you have posted in: Berkman comments on steroids and pitching

Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)

Postby josebach » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:21 pm

wrveres wrote:so sheep = Bonds?

That is some interesting logic. Curious as to how you came to that assumption. Actually no I am not .. but oh well

I use the sheep reference all the time. Alot more than just here in this forum. I probably say that term two to three times a day.
but who knew .. this whole time I was talking Barry.

Persoanlly I always thought it refered to people who just blindly follow what ever the media tells them ... Guess I was wrong ... I didn't even know the meaning of my own slang ..wow

By my count here Mr Bach, your batting a big fat zero ..
lets recap ..
You knew with "Not a doubt in your mind" as to why I like Bonds so much ... and you were wrong.

and now sheep equals Bonds ...
sorry there buddy, you are wrong again ..

imagine that

LOL!!!

You can say anything you want. Everybody that's read any of your threads know you were talking about Bonds "haters" when you made your two "sheep" references. Now on top of it, you just lied about it further showing everybody on this site what kind of a guy you are. ;-D

Of course, most people here already know. :-)
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wrveres » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:34 pm

Krunk City King$ wrote:
TheOmen wrote:
Krunk City King$ wrote:

WRONG! :-t

"the entire purpose" of this thread was to discuss what Berkman said about pitchers and steriods... Image

Title of current thread that you have posted in: Berkman comments on steroids and pitching

lol ..

apparently what we have here is one big cafe conspiracy ..
the conversation was going along just fine, and then somebody decided to make it about Barry .. and his logic was ..

"well thats what you really meant to say, you all were just lying to us. You didn't want to talk about Pitchers using steriods, you wanted to talk about Bonds, so we are just helping you" ...

thank you guys ;-D

you know Krunk, maybe we should start a thread about picthers using steriods so we can talk about that.

Oh look .. here's one
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers