Return to Baseball Leftovers

Looking for Some stats

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking for Some stats

Postby Strasil42 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:39 pm

I am looking for a lists that shows all of the teams payrolls for a given year. I am looking for these stats dating all the way back to the 1920's. If anyone would have these numbers or might know of a site that would have them, I would be very grateful. Thanks.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4294
(Past Year: -53)
Joined: 14 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Omaha

Re: Looking for Some stats

Postby Tavish » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:02 am

Strasil42 wrote:I am looking for a lists that shows all of the teams payrolls for a given year. I am looking for these stats dating all the way back to the 1920's. If anyone would have these numbers or might know of a site that would have them, I would be very grateful. Thanks.


You probably aren't going to find a complete listing that goes that far back. This is an excellent collection by Doug Pappas that has solid numbers back to 1977 and a spreadsheet that has some odds and ends payrolls for the 20s - 50s.
Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 10554
(Past Year: -510)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Looking for Some stats

Postby Strasil42 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:04 pm

Tavish wrote:
Strasil42 wrote:I am looking for a lists that shows all of the teams payrolls for a given year. I am looking for these stats dating all the way back to the 1920's. If anyone would have these numbers or might know of a site that would have them, I would be very grateful. Thanks.


You probably aren't going to find a complete listing that goes that far back. This is an excellent collection by Doug Pappas that has solid numbers back to 1977 and a spreadsheet that has some odds and ends payrolls for the 20s - 50s.


Thank you so much.

This was exactly what i was looking for!!!!!
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4294
(Past Year: -53)
Joined: 14 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Omaha

Re: Looking for Some stats

Postby Matthias » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:10 pm

Strasil42 wrote:
Tavish wrote:
Strasil42 wrote:I am looking for a lists that shows all of the teams payrolls for a given year. I am looking for these stats dating all the way back to the 1920's. If anyone would have these numbers or might know of a site that would have them, I would be very grateful. Thanks.


You probably aren't going to find a complete listing that goes that far back. This is an excellent collection by Doug Pappas that has solid numbers back to 1977 and a spreadsheet that has some odds and ends payrolls for the 20s - 50s.


Thank you so much.

This was exactly what i was looking for!!!!!


Although if you're looking to correlate team salary and team success, you can only start in 1976 since it was only in Dec. '75 that players were granted the right to free agency.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 4826
(Past Year: -34)
Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Looking for Some stats

Postby Tavish » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:49 pm

Matthias wrote:Although if you're looking to correlate team salary and team success, you can only start in 1976 since it was only in Dec. '75 that players were granted the right to free agency.


You could start before that, owners bought and sold players between each other since the start of baseball. Players were moved for salary reason fairly often during the pre-Free Agency era and there was a good distance payroll wise between the haves and have-nots.
Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 10554
(Past Year: -510)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Looking for Some stats

Postby Strasil42 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:12 pm

Tavish wrote:
Matthias wrote:Although if you're looking to correlate team salary and team success, you can only start in 1976 since it was only in Dec. '75 that players were granted the right to free agency.


You could start before that, owners bought and sold players between each other since the start of baseball. Players were moved for salary reason fairly often during the pre-Free Agency era and there was a good distance payroll wise between the haves and have-nots.


Thanks for clearing that up.

;-D ;-D
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4294
(Past Year: -53)
Joined: 14 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Omaha


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

cron