Return to General Talk

Hoo boy...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Thursday » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:01 pm

RugbyD wrote:its not even 1am and your night is "long" and over? but to answer your original question, a few years ago when i was in your shoes a long night was 15ish+. i've never weighed more than 215. my body has always had a talent of begrudgingly, but dutifully, handling all the heaps of crap i throw at it.

Well, it was actually 2 am when i posted that one, the Cafe's clocks are off, thank you Daylight savings time. :-b
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:08 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:a 6 pack and I can't walk across the room without knocking something down :-o

College is coming soon for me. I need to hurry.

Practice makes perfection with drinking? :-?

For many. Just build up that tolerance. ;-D ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Coppermine » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:51 pm

I don't know about you guys, but 7 beers sure as hell is a long night for me. Now that's a lot different than when I was in college; but in college I was drinking Keystone Light from beer pong cups. Now I drink craft beer that comes in around 7% ABV, so I have to give myself some credit. Unless I make it a barley wine night, in which case 9-13% does an excellent job of cutting my night short.

Sometimes quality over quantity is a good thing.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:14 am

Thursday wrote:
RugbyD wrote:its not even 1am and your night is "long" and over? but to answer your original question, a few years ago when i was in your shoes a long night was 15ish+. i've never weighed more than 215. my body has always had a talent of begrudgingly, but dutifully, handling all the heaps of crap i throw at it.

Well, it was actually 2 am when i posted that one, the Cafe's clocks are off, thank you Daylight savings time. :-b

You change the time at the Cafe' in your profile. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:36 am

6 beers over a few hours wont do much to me.

i really cant get drunk off beer anymore (not saying i dont get a good buzz, but dont get stumbling drunk). i guess weighing 250 and building up a tolerance will do that to you, plus i dont slam it down either. i'd say an average night of drinking for me is 6-10 beers, but i can put down more

...now if i knock back 10-12 vodka tonics over a few hours...that'll do something
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:46 am

Three Mt. Dew's do me in. :-D :-D :-D
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:05 pm

Just a count of Friday...

Happy Hour started at 5, so I got to my local favorite bar (Washington Tavern) at about 4:45 with my fiance and three friends, we all ordered some wings. My 1st pitcher comes at 5:00 or so; Killian's. From 5 - 10:30 I had 3 pitchers of Killian's, a shot of Jager, and 3 Jagerbombs. Then we left WT's and headed to my buddy's birthday party, where I played 4 games of 15-cup beer pong from 11 until 2 am. All in all, I 'm not entirely sure how much I drank, but I was good and drunk. On a regular night, it'll take probably 10-12 beers to get me to the point where I realize I can't drive (I'm not saying I can drive on fewer, but it's at that many that I admit I can't :-b )
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 532)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:15 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Just a count of Friday...

Happy Hour started at 5, so I got to my local favorite bar (Washington Tavern) at about 4:45 with my fiance and three friends, we all ordered some wings. My 1st pitcher comes at 5:00 or so; Killian's. From 5 - 10:30 I had 3 pitchers of Killian's, a shot of Jager, and 3 Jagerbombs. Then we left WT's and headed to my buddy's birthday party, where I played 4 games of 15-cup beer pong from 11 until 2 am. All in all, I 'm not entirely sure how much I drank, but I was good and drunk. On a regular night, it'll take probably 10-12 beers to get me to the point where I realize I can't drive (I'm not saying I can drive on fewer, but it's at that many that I admit I can't :-b )

Nice choice of brew. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat May 13, 2006 3:10 am

Go alcohol...no sleep till Brookylyn ;-D ;-D ;-7 ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-7 ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D O:-) :*) :*) :*)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk