Return to Baseball Leftovers

"Sell High" pitchers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby biju » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:35 am

George_Foreman wrote:I dunno. Glavine (dating back to last year aroud the ASB) claims to have changed his approach, going inside a lot more. His numbers since then have been stellar. I'm not ready to say that he's returned to the league elite, but I will say that it's possible that he'll maintain this level of performance for a while.

OTOH, it might just be that the scouting reports haven't caught up to his new "inside" tendency and that when they do, he'll start getting rocked.

But I like him as a player, so I hope he continues to have succeess and eventually gets 300. ;-D

His approach might be better but that still shouldn't affect the number of hits received on balls put in play. In other words, he should have a lower number of balls in play than before but that still shouldn't equate to a lower Hit Rate%. Does that make sense? Sorry, I'm in a hurry to see a movie. Damn, I'm a baseball junkie. :-D
biju
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stikmata » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:33 pm

E. Santana was pretty sweet in his last outting... he had a career high for Ks ;-D ... i should start shopping him before his start on Sunday
stikmata
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers