Return to Baseball Leftovers

The "I Want The Real Doug Davis" thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Nat Uralice » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:15 am

This is definitely the real Doug Davis. His WHIP was always indicative of a higher ERA, mainly because his strand rate was ridiculous. Watching him pitch is like watching someone defuse a bomb. This is the year when that bomb goes off. He'll probably still be a decent source of k's, but I'd be shocked if he crossed 200 ever again, maybe not even 175-180.
Can't worry about tomorrow's pain tonight.
Nat Uralice
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ender » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:21 am

He had a 1.28 WHIP two years ago and a 1.30 WHIP last year. His straind rates are 74 and 75% which is right around the proper levels and his H% is only 29% which is right around normal. He has posted xERA's of 3.66 and 3.48 the past 2 years and he K'd 8.4 per 9 IP last year and 7.0 per 9 IP the previous years.

Stop being rediculous, he got shelled just like dozens of other pitchers are getting shelled since for whatever reason this is a huge offensive start to the season. The game ended up being 13-12, it was obviously a high offensive night for both teams. Oswalt gave up 6 runs, Lidge gave up 2 runs.

Last year he had a 5.40 ERA in April. The year before he had a 5.46 ERA in april. His career ERA in April is 5.35. For whatever reason he's just one of those slow starters.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)

The "I Want The Real Doug Davis" thread

Postby kemper5 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:30 am

I truely have a hatred towards Davis now.. He single handedly destroyed my team tonight and will pay by rotting on my bench for a long long time.. WHY is he my 3rd starter.. Freddy Garcia, say hello to the 3rd starter position
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: The "I Want The Real Doug Davis" thread

Postby grammysboy » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:29 am

kemper5 wrote:I truely have a hatred towards Davis now.. He single handedly destroyed my team tonight and will pay by rotting on my bench for a long long time.. WHY is he my 3rd starter.. Freddy Garcia, say hello to the 3rd starter position

Davis killed me tonight too, but thank God I had Eric Milton :-P or DD would have really looked bad. I got Davis at the end of our auction for a buck, so I can afford to ride him through the month of April. Milton, on the other hand may have seen his last opportunity on my team!
grammysboy
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -108)

Postby Secret Avatar » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:07 pm

As a Davis owner I was disgusted with last night's debacle but it's only the first few weeks of the season. Davis usually starts off slow anyway, and this season has seen an early offensive explosion. As someone else has already pointed out, ace starter Oz and ace closer Lidge also got shelled last night. Even ace of all aces Santana has been hit hard.

Ya gots to be patient. I don't see why Davis won't bounce back to post numbers similar to last year, which would make him a solid #2 or #3 man in most fantasy rotations.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -2)

Postby stevethumb » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:32 pm

ender has capured the situation perfectly..ddavis is a slow stater (his 1st half vs 2nd half #s bear that out)..be patient..his year end will be 13 Wins 1.35 whip 3.89 ERA and 175 Ks..solid
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -84)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers