Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sad Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sad Question

Postby freeling_prideful » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:16 pm

Hey,

Does anyone know when Yahoo! leagues change a waiver guy into a complete free agent? For instance, when it says April. 17 on a guy, he doesn't become a FA at midnight...I think it's sometime in the early morning, maybe around 3?

I kind of want to pull a smash-and-grab on a guy who's going to be a FA but I don't want to waste my waiver claim on him, when should I do it?
freeling_prideful
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Jury » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:23 pm

Yeah I think it's around 3 AM EST. If you wake up early around 6AM, you can probably pick him up, and have your leaguemates bash you for waking up early just to get a player. 3 months later, they will be trying to trade for him.
The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Thursday » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:24 pm

Here's the trick: You and i assume that the guy will be off waviers at midnight. Not so. First off, it's not officially tomorrow for Yahoo until 3 am (western time zone thing). Secondly, all trades/waiver claims don't really go thru until anywhere between 4:30 am - 6 am EST. Set an alarm, get up at 4:30 am, and wait for the dude to become a FA.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dewey finn » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:30 pm

Who's the player?
dewey finn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby KolbSaves » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:43 pm

There seems to be a period when the players come off waivers but the claims aren't put in yet. I was looking at players very late one night after the waiver period from our draft wore off and I was able to pick up players before anyone's waiver claims got processed. I'm not sure if I was able to superscede someone's waiver claim, but that was kind of weird.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers