A few things that I have liked.
1) I really am liking Maddons coaching style with the hitters, as he seems to press fundamentals and hustle which I like.
2) I am loving the Durham Bulls start to the season 8-2 as of now
3) After the first 2 or 3 games, the starting pitching is doing decent even though the bullpen is weak, but I knew the bullpen would be a problem as there is not much talent in it
4) The offense, why not busting at the seams, is doing fair even with the injuries and Crawfords slow start.
5) Our record is 7-6 which is over .500.
A few things that worry me.
1) The bullpen is terrible, and even though the clock would start a bit early, I think we need a few of our AAA arms in it to at least keep us competitive in the 7,8, and 9 innings.
2) The injury bug is hurting us big time--Baldelli, Huff, Lugo on the DL and also Cantu missing a few games as well
3) BJ Upton is still making the dumb errors. In the game the other night, he made 3 gold glove caliber plays deep in the hole and then on a routine grounder, after a little bobble, he threw the ball about 12 foot over the first basemens head. It is getting to the point with me on BJ, I almost prefer a bullet up the middle where he has to move 10 steps then the 2 hopper straight to him. It seems the less he thinks and the more he just reacts, his defense is much better.
4) We have a upcoming 9 game road trip at Boston, Texas, and New York. Lets hope the pitching can hang on as that is 3 of the best offenses in baseball.