Return to Baseball Leftovers

Francisco Cordero

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RynMan » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:07 am

Madison wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Why didn't he get the save today?

They were up 6-2 going into the bottom of the 9th.

Alfonseca struck out Thomas and then gave up a solo shot to Bradley. Still up 6-3 with 1 out and no one on, so they left Alfonseca in and he got the next two guys. Had he let someone get on base, then they probably would have brought in Cordero. Cordero was warming in the pen in the top of the 9th, but since the Rangers scored off of Street, it wasn't a save situation going into the bottom of the 9th, so they brought in Alfonseca.

I missed the game Mad. Was Zito just brutal or did your boys rake?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -227)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby paiger » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:32 am

josebach wrote:The newest memer to my league dropped him. He's a fantasy rookie and I know he's going to kick himself in the a$$ in a week or two. I just don't get it. He's only pitched 3.1 innings, how could anyone possibly drop him? :-?

Anyay, he comes off waivers tonight and I put in for him. My fingers are crossed. ;-D

hope you're high ww priority
I HAVE him, AM nervous, but WOULD burn a high one to get him still.
paiger
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby Madison » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:40 am

RynMan wrote:
Madison wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Why didn't he get the save today?

They were up 6-2 going into the bottom of the 9th.

Alfonseca struck out Thomas and then gave up a solo shot to Bradley. Still up 6-3 with 1 out and no one on, so they left Alfonseca in and he got the next two guys. Had he let someone get on base, then they probably would have brought in Cordero. Cordero was warming in the pen in the top of the 9th, but since the Rangers scored off of Street, it wasn't a save situation going into the bottom of the 9th, so they brought in Alfonseca.

I missed the game Mad. Was Zito just brutal or did your boys rake?

They were sitting on the fastball. If it didn't come screaming to the plate (Zito was hitting 91-92 on the gun 8-o ---how long has it been since he threw that hard? 8-o ), then they crushed that slow curve that takes forever to get there. If he did throw the fastball, they were sitting on it and hitting it pretty solid too. I really figured we'd bust him up worse since he looked very hittable, but he sucked it up and retired like 9 straight before exiting the game.

All in all, I give him a low B, or a high C for a grade. Like I said, he seemed hittable, but for some reason we didn't bust him up as bad as I thought we should have, so he was doing something right. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby stikmata » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:01 pm

man... Francisco was dropped in my H2H points league and i'm considering dropping Valverde to possibly get him... but already having Lidge, Wagner, Ray and Baez i feel it may be more of a risk then i'm willing to take... but i do think he's a lock for 30-35 saves... easily
stikmata
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:47 am

stikmata wrote:man... Francisco was dropped in my H2H points league and i'm considering dropping Valverde to possibly get him... but already having Lidge, Wagner, Ray and Baez i feel it may be more of a risk then i'm willing to take... but i do think he's a lock for 30-35 saves... easily

I actually dropped Baez for him because I didn't have anyone else I would consider dropping. I did this for two reasons:
1) With everything else being the same, Cordero will have more strikeouts.
2) It's not know how long Baez is even going to be closing. If all goes well, Gagne could be closing by the end of May.

Keep Valverde, drop Baez.

Cordero gave up a base hit and two walks last night in 1.1 innings, but on both walks he had worked a full count.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby Madison » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:25 am

josebach wrote:
stikmata wrote:man... Francisco was dropped in my H2H points league and i'm considering dropping Valverde to possibly get him... but already having Lidge, Wagner, Ray and Baez i feel it may be more of a risk then i'm willing to take... but i do think he's a lock for 30-35 saves... easily

I actually dropped Baez for him because I didn't have anyone else I would consider dropping. I did this for two reasons:
1) With everything else being the same, Cordero will have more strikeouts.
2) It's not know how long Baez is even going to be closing. If all goes well, Gagne could be closing by the end of May.

Keep Valverde, drop Baez.

Cordero gave up a base hit and two walks last night in 1.1 innings, but on both walks he had worked a full count.

And was getting squeezed. The first walk should have been a strikeout looking, but the ump called it ball 4. I say that not as a Ranger fan, but simply as how I saw it.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Francisco Cordero

Postby kemper5 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:17 am

After last night should be be a small bit worried?.. Below is his line for the year. I don't like this because he battled shoulder problems in ST

7 Games, 6 IP, 8 Hits, 8 Runs, 7 ER, 2 SV, 10.50 ERA... OUCH!
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)

Re: Francisco Cordero

Postby slomo007 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:18 am

kemper5 wrote:After last night should be be a small bit worried?.. Below is his line for the year. I don't like this because he battled shoulder problems in ST

7 Games, 6 IP, 8 Hits, 8 Runs, 7 ER, 2 SV, 10.50 ERA... OUCH!

Yes, I think now is the time to get worried. One more bad performance and I think he'll lose his job for the time being.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby blubombers » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:33 am

What is everyone's guess as to who would be the next closer for the Rangers? My guess = Joaguin Benoit. ;-D
blubombers
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)

Postby dc928 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:35 am

blubombers wrote:What is everyone's guess as to who would be the next closer for the Rangers? My guess = Joaguin Benoit. ;-D

I think it should be Otsuka
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers