An Iconic Fantasy Baseball Community
Moderator: Baseball Moderators
What are the optimal configurations for my media player?
For the Windows Media Player Series 9, use the following configurations:
1. Pull down the Tools menu of your Windows Media Player Series 9 (or right-click on the embedded video screen) and select Options.
2. In the Player tab, be sure the "Download Codecs Automatically" box is checked.
3. Also, be sure the "Connect to the Internet (overrides other commands)" box is checked.
4. In the Performance tab, in the Connection Speed category, select Choose Connection Speed.
5. In the Connection Speed drop down menu, choose the speed proper to your Internet service. Note: For MLB.TV, the speed must be higher than 350K. If you do not know your connection speed, contact your Internet Service Provider.
6. Select the Network tab.
7. Uncheck the top two Streaming Protocol circles: Multicast and UDP. Leave TCP and HTTP checked. (You can also try and uncheck TCP.)
8. Below in the Streaming Protocols section, click on the HTTP protocol.
9. Click Configure.
10. Change the Proxy Setting to Do Not Use a Proxy Server.
11. Click OK to the Configure Protocol window.
12. Click Apply.
13. Click OK to the Options window.
For the RealOne Player, use the following configurations:
1. Pull down the Tools menu and select Preferences.
2. On the left, click on Connection.
3. On the right, click on Test Connection.
4. Click on Perform Test and Real Networks will then give you an accurate reading of your available bandwidth.
5. Click on Update and your bandwidth setting will automatically update.
6. Click OK.
7. Then, change the Maximum Bandwidth setting to the same value as your Normal Bandwidth setting.
8. In the Online Status section, be sure Assume I am Online is checked.
9. On the left, click on the Proxy category.
10. On the right, click on the Streaming Settings Change Settings button (at the bottom).
11. Change HTTP Proxy to No Proxy.
12. Click OK to the Streaming Proxy Settings window.
13. On the left, click on the Network Transports category.
14. Check the box Manually Configure Connection Settings.
15. In both the RTSP and PNA Settings, uncheck the top two boxes (Multicast and UPD), leaving TCP and HTTP checked.
16. Click OK to the Preferences window.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests