Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Valuate My Unit Please

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Valuate My Unit Please

Postby jordan9148 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:19 pm

its head to head league, 12 teams with runs, HR, rbis, sb, avg---- wins, sv, Ks, era, whip

can people give some advice as to how i should go about upgrading my team? obviously i need a right fielder and pitching, but who should i put on the trading block and what players should i look for in return?

C. R. Barajas
1B. R. Sexson
2B. T. Iguchi
3B. D. Wright
SS. R. Furcal
LF. J. Bay
CF. G. Sizemore
RF. A. Kearns

BN
T. Hunter
L. Overbay
J. Uribe
N. Swisher
J. Willingham

SP
1.B. Colón
2.J. Smoltz
3.T. Hudson
4.J. Vázquez
5.J. Bonderman
6.J. Marquis

RP
D. Turnbow
R. Dempster
jordan9148
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby coachdino » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:22 pm

I don't mean to be a downer, but I think you are in trouble :-o . I hope you can get some help on the waiver ;-D
coachdino
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jordan9148 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:33 pm

i'm actually fairly optomistic about my offense. i believe i'll have sufficient rbis, and along with those rbis take the steals catagory every week. i'll be solid in with HR and Runs too, its just average that i'm lacking. i'm worried about my pitching, but my strategy this year might be to not be as concerned with era and whip and instead focus on wins and Ks. if i am highly competative in steals, rbis HR, W and K's, that gives me a good chance at winning every week. i'm also pretty high on guys like sizemore, iguchi and turnbow, who i think could all have tremendous years, not to mention guys like wright and bay who are capable of putting up some outstanding fantasy numbers.

with that in mind, i know that i'll have to do some upgrading, so please give me advice if you have any good ideas
jordan9148
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby teamtitan512 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:58 pm

Your closers are weak, and your starting rotation has issues I think when Jason Marquis is in it.

I think you'll be fine on average w/Wright, Sizemore, Bay and Furcal, who all will hit above .280 (Iguchi should as well). I think your power will be slightly weak though, as you don't have any real mashers. While Sexson may get to 40, he won't get many more than 100 RBI's, and no one else on that list will get there, except maybe Wright.

I think Willingham also may be a better start than Barajas for the majority of the season.

Here's mine:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=184826
teamtitan512
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jordan9148 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:54 pm

thanks for the adviceon willingham, i think i will start him over bajaras.
as far as HR, i'm not too worried. sexson=35-40, wright=30-35, bay=30+, sizemore=20+ and most fo these guys hit for average and get consistant steals, so i think its a solid tradeoff for a few hrs. i'm hoping t. hunter will get off to a hot start and i can trade him for a SP but we'll see.
jordan9148
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team