Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How did I do...very deep 14 team keeper league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How did I do...very deep 14 team keeper league

Postby coachdino » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:09 pm

14 team 7 player keeper league. Our rosters are very large (30 players), it is a points league; 1 pt per base, walk and r.b.i., 2 points per steal. Pitchers get 1 point per inning and strikeout, -1 per walk and earned run. 10 per win, 5 per save and 2 per hold. The good thing about our league is we don't have to pick our starters, we count our highest scoring player of the week at the positions. We play 4 head to head games a week. Our d.h. is our highest scoring position player we don't count. We count 1 player at each position (3 o.f.'ers), 4 s.p.'s and 2 r.p.'s.

My roster
c Pierzynski, B. Molina
1b Tex (keeper), Howard (keeper)
2b Polanco, A. Hernandez
3b M. Cab (keeper), Marte
s.s Tejada (keeper), Peralta
o.f. Rowand, Ordonez, Gibbons, Gathright, Monroe, Sullivan, Rios
s.p. Peavy (keeper), Harden (keeper), D. Davis, Patterson, Blanton, J. Thompson, Olsen, Piniero, J. Johnson
r.p. Lidge (keeper), Orvella, Shields and Linebrink

My o.f. SUX!!! I took Peralta in the first round because I thought he was the best player available and I plan on moving Tejada. I have already be wotking on a Tejada and Gibbons for Abreu and O. Cabrerra.

All opinions greatly appreciated ;-D
coachdino
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby coachdino » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:01 pm

Anybody? :-o
coachdino
College Coach
College Coach

Postby coachdino » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:32 am

Bump
coachdino
College Coach
College Coach

anyone out there?

Postby mjw516 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:39 am

Before you even said it, i thought your outfield was lacking. If ordonez has a season like we know he's capable of, then you are greatly improved, but i have been a white sox fan all my life and he was good for about 2 seasons, and since then its been a slow decline. Defenitly get some help in the outfield.

Rookies might not be a bad idea. Brian Anderson of the White Sox, Willingham of the Marlins, Hermida of the Marlins, are all possibilities. Thats all i've got.
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney than driving with Ted Kennedy.
mjw516 Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: -1)

Postby coachdino » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:41 am

Ty for your input. With it being a big league and 30 man rosters, all the players you mentioned have been drafted.
coachdino
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bradygonsalves » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:46 am

Yikes! Slim pickins all I aroung I'd imagine. Moving Miggy will net you someone for your OF and I would consider moving either Tex or Howard to get some OF help. I would only deplete one position however due to your DH rule. Very interesting format for a league... not sure I would do very well. Good Luck.[/url]
bradygonsalves
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby coachdino » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:55 am

Yes, it is definately different than any other league I have seen. I like having M. Cab, Tex and Howard as keepers, but I am wondering if I should trade for depth?
coachdino
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team