Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate mine, and I'll rate yours:

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate mine, and I'll rate yours:

Postby teamtitan512 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:06 pm

I drafted this team a while ago, and I refrained from posting because there were some keeper issues. There are 10 teams, standard 5x5 scoring, it is a keeper league, and our decisions had to be made before the end of last season.

C - V. Martinez
1B - J. Giambi
2B - J. Cantu
3B - D. Wright
SS - J. Peralta
OF - C. Lee
OF - H. Matsui
OF - K. Griffey
UT - R. Winn
BN - G. Atkins
BN - A. Soriano
BN - J. Lopez

SP - J. Santana
SP - R. Harden
SP - P. Martinez
SP - C. Lee
RP - K. Foulke
RP - A. Burgos
P - J. Lackey
P - K. Millwood
P - C. Capuano
P - S. Kazmir
BN - F. Rodney

We had keeper issues with our draft that I missed, so I ended up getting Pujols and Tex that weren't mine, and not getting Soriano, one of my keepers. I've done everything imaginable to trade for closers (One guy drafted 10 of them), and a first basemen, but I can't get anyone to go for any of my trades (The 10-closer guy starts nothing but prospects, and said that Nathan and Turnbow were his best closers, already having Rivera and Lidge).

I won this league last year w/less hitting, so I still think I'm good. I've been trying to trade Matsui for closers to free up a spot for Winn to put Soriano in the Utility spot until he earns OF eligibility.
teamtitan512
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PhillyEagles » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:14 pm

Your team is well rounded and your pitching is definitely strong but I would actually try to trade away one of your top 3 pitchers for possible a better hitter. Maybe you could try Pedro/Matsui for Manny or Vlad. I am not sure someone would bite but I think your hitting needs a little help and some more consistency. From what it seems like, your closers situation is pretty much useless so maybe you can afford to boot that category if it is H2H because your pitching is solid enough to win the rest. Thanks for helping me on my topic and I hope this helps.
If not, bump for you anyway ;-)
PhillyEagles
College Coach
College Coach

Postby coachdino » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:20 pm

Personally I love your team!!!! Closers are terrible, but you deifinately have the depth to trade ;-D ;-D
coachdino
College Coach
College Coach

Postby teamtitan512 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:29 pm

It's a roto league. I'm hoping somebody emerges, and I'd like to add Rodney and drop one of the starters. I bought Capuano low last year for those 18 wins, but he was weak down the stretch, and I figure there's no way he can win that many even though the Brewers might be better overall.
teamtitan512
College Coach
College Coach

Postby espnsportsfan » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:54 pm

hopefully you can grab a closer on the waiver wire, and maybe trade for a more consistant outfielder
My Fantasy Baseball Blog:http://sandlotsabermetrics.com
espnsportsfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Spotter
(Past Year: -17)

Postby MendozaLineup » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:14 pm

Strong starting pitching - that was an obvious focus as you were formulating team

Only concerns are SB and saves, but closers can come cheap and off the WW.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=184723
MendozaLineup
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Sensei » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:41 am

Your starting pitching is amazing, and your offense is pretty good considering your three aces. Sluggers in Vmart/Grif/Matsui/Lee, plus a nice young infield in Peralta/Wright/Cantu who will all do great. A few steals and saves and you're set in my opinion, and you have to so something to get Soriano in your lineup somewhere, cause he's just a big waste of at least a 20-30 threat on your bench right now.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=184792
Sensei
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Warpigs » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:00 am

I'm in agreement with the others so far. First, Soriano needs to crack your lineup somewhere or get traded. As much as it would be nice to jump on a deal right away for a closer, it may be best to wait a week or two before any major deals. I think that many closer situations will be altered by then (they usually are). Keep on top of the waiver wire as far as emerging closers. I would avoid breaking up your three stud pitchers since this gives you an immediate advantage over other teams who may be strapped for quality starts.

Would love your help with mine...
Warpigs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby boston_massacre » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:40 am

the only downside i see is the relievers. you have the pieces to deal though. pretty well done

help me with a trade ?

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=185351
boston_massacre
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team