Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

i think this draft went badly for me

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Nillas Thrillas » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:25 pm

Good team at this point. Wondering what your going to do with Lopez and if you have considered trading him. You have plenty of pop and good pitching to start the season. Thanks for the comments
Nillas Thrillas
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby just_A_girl » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:31 pm

I am a little concerned about lopez and thinking of droppin burnitz for a second catcher. There's not a lot out there: Pierzynsky, LoDuca, Barajas. And I don't know if I should try and trade for another reliever. Last year this league split fairly quickly into haves and have nots as far as saves are concerned. I wouldn't want to be in the latter category.
Bear in mind, I've been trying to get a life...
just_A_girl Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Sweet 16 Champion
(Past Year: -2)

Postby philly4life553 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:41 pm

c-i think lopez will have a good year, and playing some first and not playing catcher every day should give him more ab's
if- you have a good mix of speed and power. reyes and cano should give you steals and runs, then you have power with dunn.
of- you have two balanced players here. though i think abreu's steals will go down as he gets older
sp- you need randy to stay healthy
rp- your good there, you have one of the best closers and two other guys who should put up 30+ saves.
can you take a look at my team.
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=184438
philly4life553
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby pizzaboy76 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:48 pm

I think the one place where you could get into trouble would be batting average. You have a lot of sub 300 hitters, and some who will be closer to 250. Beyond that I think you have a good mix of speed and power.

You SP have some concerns associated with them. Will RJ stay healthy. Sabathia just got hurt tonight. Will PErez regain his old form, etc. See if you can trade Dunn and one of your questionable SP's for a stud 1B or SP. You look good to go in the saves department.
pizzaboy76
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 44)

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team