Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Who needs Pitching - 12 Team Yahoo Roto League - HELP!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who needs Pitching - 12 Team Yahoo Roto League - HELP!!

Postby pizzaboy76 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:46 am

C - McCann
1B - Utley(1B,2B)
2B - F. Lopez(2B,SS)
3B - Rolen
SS - Lugo
OF - Crawford
OF - Sizemore
OF - Dunn(OF,1B)
U - Hafner

B - Baldelli(OF), Alou(OF), B. Hall(2B,3B,SS), P. Feliz(1B,3B)

SP - Haren
SP - Cain
RP - Wagner
RP - Gonzalez
P - Duke
P - Kazmir
P - Ol. Perez

B - D. Baez

I didn't draft my 1st SP until the 9th round and I think it shows. Looks like I'll need to work on some trades. Any ideas on SP that might be available and worth picking up?

Available - D. Wells, Glavine, Soe, R. Lopez, Marquis, Arroyo, D. Cabrera, Bedard, K. Escobar, S. Baker.

Any places where I look weak and need to improve?

I'll be around all day, so leave a link and I'll respond.
pizzaboy76
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 44)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:59 am

I generally avoid early pitching as well so I am used to looking at rotations like this. This is a good rotation with a lot of upside. I wouldn't start looking to trade for rotation help just yet. It's roto so you have time. I would let the rotation play out for awhile. You defeat the purpose of LIMA drafting if you try to compensate too early.

I think you are carrying H2H-style utility bats on your bench. If it was my team Baldelli and Felix would be gone. I would take those two extra spots and fill them with the two best MR available on the WW. A combo of Shields/Linebrink, for instance, gives you a free stud pitcher.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -120)

Postby Amazinz » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:03 am

I said Felix but I meant Feliz as in Pedro Feliz. :-]
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pizzaboy76 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:15 am

This is the 1st time I've drafted a team like this. I like the idea of picking up 2 stud MR's. Would I be better off trying to trade anyone on my bench for some kind of value before dropping them? What kind of players can I expect to grab with my bench players?
pizzaboy76
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:24 am

I don't think you have a lot of trade value on your bench. Bill E. Hall is an excellent bench player to have but he has more value to you than he will in trade. Same with Alou. Alou is an excellent OF bat to have on the bench in case of injury. He may have trade value if there is a team hurting for an OFer. Tough to say without knowing the other teams. Feliz doesn't have that much value to you or in trade. If you run into an injury in your infield you can plug Hall in and if you need 1B specifically at some point there will be a better option on the WW in a 12-team league. Baldelli has upside but who knows how this year is going to go for him and he starts the season on the DL. I think you'd have trouble trading him at this point.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby pizzaboy76 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:15 pm

Anyone else have some thoughts on my team?

I will be checking all day so leave a link and I'll help you.
pizzaboy76
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wgatziol » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:24 pm

I like the Linebrink/Shields idea, but if you want anothe starter, Cabrera, Escobar or Bedard are nice picks. I am really excited for Bedard.

I am not so high on Baldelli and want to see what he looks like after a month or so. I dont think anyone on your bench has a whole lot of trade value either. If you want a solid arm - you may need to use Dunn.

Hafner and Dunn will produce similarly and I would use Dunn as the bait since he should be more attractive due to his position eligibility.

Otherwise your team is in pretty good shape

Thoughts on mine?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=184649
wgatziol Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby just_A_girl » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:44 pm

I've always been a big fan of Seo's. Unless holds count, he's likely to help you as much if not mroe than a couple of MR's. If his numbers are anything close to last years, he'll help you out with era and whip. I think baldelli and feliz are your most dropable players. But I also think your pitching isn't as bad as all of that.

This is me: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=184602
Bear in mind, I've been trying to get a life...
just_A_girl Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Sweet 16 Champion
(Past Year: -2)

Postby pizzaboy76 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:45 pm

I just looked through the available Free Agents. If I drop Baldelli and Feliz, who should I target? Is pitching my #1 priority? And how would you rank these?

3B - E. Encarnacion, Zimmerman
SS - H. Ramirez, I. Kinsler(2B)
OF - Hermidia
SP - K. Escober, Bedard, R. Lopez, D. Cabrera
pizzaboy76
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

See if

Postby violinmasterdog » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:55 pm

Take a look, and see if oliver perez is available. If he is pick him up very very very quickly! Hes a huge sleeper, that i kinda missed in my league. Anyway, im not sure what you can do. I would trade carl Crawford- you have enough stolen bases as it is- you dont need more. Good luck

Please check out my team, and see if you can help me??? Thanks
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 70#1470770
Go Eagles- 2007!
Oh YEA
violinmasterdog
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team