Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

First fantasy baseball team in 5 years. How did I do???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

First fantasy baseball team in 5 years. How did I do???

Postby 1999txag » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:31 am

This is a 12 team H2H league. I'm out of touch with alot of baseball players because I haven't played in 5 years. How does my team look? Anybody I should look to move? What can I do to improve? What are my strong/weak catagories?

Catagories: R, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, CS, K, AVG
W, L, SHO, SV, HR, K, ERA, WHIP

C - V. Martinez
1B - Overbay, N. Johnson
2B - F. Lopez, C. Biggio
3B - Blalock
SS - Tejada
OF - Abreu, Beltran, Ordonez, W. Pena, B. Clark
SP - R. Johnson, Beckett, L. Hernandez, Bonderman, Harang, Ol. Perez, Blanton
RP - Benitez, Jenks
1999txag
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Mr. Goodwrench » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:44 am

I think you did a good job for being out of it that long! Your major weakness is your bullpen of closers. Benitez is going on the DL and Jenks is having control problems and maybe out of closing until he regains his form. If Fernando Rodney, Neil Cotts, Amboirix Burgos, Tyler Walker, or Dan Miceli are available in free agency jump on them for short term help. Later on in the season you may have to deal for stronger guy depending how things go! ;-D
"The game of catch has never been so fun!" - inventor of the hand grenade.

2007 Die Hard Tiger's Fan League Champions
CLIO Lumber Co.
Mr. Goodwrench
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kenjinenjin » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:45 am

overall, its kind of weak. your strong points are at C, SS, OF, and SP. 2b and 3b are decent. 1b and closers are really weak. benitez is injured, jenks is in danger of losing his job. overbay and johnson both have upside, but both aren't big producers.
kenjinenjin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby rentz » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:07 am

you desperately need some solid closers. scour your waiver wire for burgos and miceli, they arent great but they are better than a rp on the dl, and one on a short short leash.

other than that its not all that bad.

guys id look to drop for upgrades in other areas,
biggio and pena

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=184253
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -2)

Postby 1999txag » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:45 am

I figured my closers were pretty weak. This is a H2H league. What if I just "punt" the saves catagory? I play H2H fantasy basketball so I know the stratagy of punting a catagory. Would that be a better option than trying to get really good closers?

There are two "RP" spots in the lineup. Is it a good stragagy to find guys who are really starters but labled as RP's? Or do I just try to go find two good closers?
1999txag
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby 1999txag » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:51 am

Also, you all say that Benetiz is going on the DL. Do I just straight drop him for another closer? Or is he worth hanging onto? How about Janks? Drop him? If not, who do I drop to get better closers? Is it better to have your "bench" spots bats or pitchers in H2H leagues?
1999txag
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby 1999txag » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:30 pm

Anybody?
1999txag
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Mr. Goodwrench » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:05 pm

I would say do not drop either of them. If you have a Disabled List spot to put them in use it. Just stay patient to see how they recover from injury or return to form. As for your bench, I usually balance it out. I never found it helpful either way. ;-)
"The game of catch has never been so fun!" - inventor of the hand grenade.

2007 Die Hard Tiger's Fan League Champions
CLIO Lumber Co.
Mr. Goodwrench
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MentalPowerHouse » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:01 am

Punting is not a good option because your team is not good enough in the other areas, you need to fight over every stat.
MentalPowerHouse
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -12)

Postby RowdyRed » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:11 am

In H2H leagues (unless you plan on shuffling pitchers on and off your roster based on whether or not they are starting that day, which I do not do), I always like having more pitchers. At the beginning of last year (my first playing H2H), I had the two balanced. By season's end, I had entirely pitchers on my bench. This becomes similar to shuffling pitchers on and off your roster, but you aren't doing it in a way that I don't like. That way you can help the wins and K's on your team...

You might want to drop Jenks, but you should not drop Benitez until you find out how long he is going to be off...
RowdyRed
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team