Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Won the regualr season last 4 years, keep losing in playoffs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Won the regualr season last 4 years, keep losing in playoffs

Postby BTOWNHESS » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:16 am

Just lookin' for some feedback

Help rate my team, I think its just bad luck and bad matchups, i know I can build a team, hopefully this year is the year.

Scoring Categories. H2H

R, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, CG, SHO, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

If you leave a link I'll def. help you out.

C J. Varitek
(Bos - C)
1B R. Howard
(Phi - 1B)
2B R. Weeks
(Mil - 2B)
3B A. Béltre
(Sea - 3B)
SS J. Reyes
(NYM - SS)
OF C. Beltrán
(NYM - OF)
OF G. Sizemore
(Cle - OF)
OF C. Granderson
(Det - OF)
Util P. Fielder
(Mil - 1B)
BN J. Hermida
(Fla - OF)
BN R. Canó
(NYY - 2B)
BN J. Morneau
(Min - 1B)
BN I. Kinsler
(Tex - SS)
BN E. Encarnación
(Cin - 3B

SP Jo. Santana
(Min - SP)
SP R. Oswalt
(Hou - SP)
SP B. Myers
(Phi - SP)
RP B. Lidge
(Hou - RP)
RP E. Gagne
(LAD - RP)
P J. Lackey
(LAA - SP)
P M. González
(Pit - RP)
BN E. Santana
(LAA - SP
BTOWNHESS
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby McCarroll21 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:44 am

I don't know much about the strategy in H2H leagues, but I guess I'll give it a shot. To start, if I were you I would play Hermida over Fielder. I would try to trade some of your extra bats along with Beltre or Granderson for another powerful bat to put in the OF or 3B. I don't trust Beltre at all.

Overall, your pitching looks solid but you may want to move one of your starters and get another closer or stud relief guy.
McCarroll21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby BTOWNHESS » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:47 am

McCarroll21 wrote:I don't know much about the strategy in H2H leagues, but I guess I'll give it a shot. To start, if I were you I would play Hermida over Fielder. I would try to trade some of your extra bats along with Beltre or Granderson for another powerful bat to put in the OF or 3B. I don't trust Beltre at all.

Overall, your pitching looks solid but you may want to move one of your starters and get another closer or stud relief guy.

I dont trust beltre either but I skipped 3rd base until the 12th round and was pleased he was sitting there. I have an offer to another team, me giving Brett myers and hermida for Joe Nathan, because unless Gagne proves to once again be a stud I might be hurting for saves.
BTOWNHESS
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby StuGotz » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:23 am

Thanks for replying to mine.

Is your league H2H team points, or win the category and get a point? If it's team points, then definitely want to add one more big bat. But if it's by category, then see how it goes early on, maybe you can trade some steals for homers. Like your starters, but may need a RP depending on what Gagne does. Good luck!
StuGotz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby icepak » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:38 am

How many teams in the league? Cuz that team looks SOLID. Your weakest area is closers, but that shouldn't be much of a concern. Even in a 10 team league, the 3 closers you have is certainly above average.

I might consider moving one or both of your backup middle infielders for cheap/bottom tier closers or maybe some good MR. In a given week you'll most likely get to sub them in max 2 times due to position players playing almost every day. But because you can bench starters when they're not pitching, starting more closers/MR guys can help boost ur pitching catagories more.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=183396
icepak
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Billy's Beane's » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:41 am

Make sure you keep Morneau. I guarantee you that he ends up being your Util. People don't realize how much adversity he had to deal with last year. This year is a clean slate, and he's still the power hitter we wanted him to be last year.

That said, I think you still need more power. You have plenty of speed to compete with SB's each week. I would not have granderson in my lineup if I had Reyes. This may not be a popular opinion, but I would definately shop Sizemore and someone else for a stud power OF. I know he's going to be at least a 20/20 guy, if not 30/30...but you don't need the SBs...so trade from that strength and I personally think you'll end up with a stronger team.

But dude, seriously, I love your pitching staff. Great work. I would try to get Baez on the cheap if you can. All I'm hearing aboug Gagne is how he has lost velocity on his fastball. He strikes me as the kind of guy that will keep an eye on the MPH on the scoreboard and I think he's going to throw out his arm trying to get back in the high 90's. Just a feeling though.

I really like your team overall. Good luck!
My team: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2139669#2139669
Billy's Beane's
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Postby BTOWNHESS » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:53 pm

icepak wrote:How many teams in the league? Cuz that team looks SOLID. Your weakest area is closers, but that shouldn't be much of a concern. Even in a 10 team league, the 3 closers you have is certainly above average.

I might consider moving one or both of your backup middle infielders for cheap/bottom tier closers or maybe some good MR. In a given week you'll most likely get to sub them in max 2 times due to position players playing almost every day. But because you can bench starters when they're not pitching, starting more closers/MR guys can help boost ur pitching catagories more.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=183396

Its a 10 team league
BTOWNHESS
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BTOWNHESS » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:54 pm

Billy's Beane's wrote:Make sure you keep Morneau. I guarantee you that he ends up being your Util. People don't realize how much adversity he had to deal with last year. This year is a clean slate, and he's still the power hitter we wanted him to be last year.

That said, I think you still need more power. You have plenty of speed to compete with SB's each week. I would not have granderson in my lineup if I had Reyes. This may not be a popular opinion, but I would definately shop Sizemore and someone else for a stud power OF. I know he's going to be at least a 20/20 guy, if not 30/30...but you don't need the SBs...so trade from that strength and I personally think you'll end up with a stronger team.

But dude, seriously, I love your pitching staff. Great work. I would try to get Baez on the cheap if you can. All I'm hearing aboug Gagne is how he has lost velocity on his fastball. He strikes me as the kind of guy that will keep an eye on the MPH on the scoreboard and I think he's going to throw out his arm trying to get back in the high 90's. Just a feeling though.

I really like your team overall. Good luck!

I believe the same thing but I already shopped Morneau in a package deal today to get Vlad.
BTOWNHESS
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby espnsportsfan » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:50 pm

start hermida over fielder for now
My Fantasy Baseball Blog:http://sandlotsabermetrics.com
espnsportsfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Spotter
(Past Year: -17)

Postby MentalPowerHouse » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:17 am

I would be ok with your closers. Lidge is a stud, Gonzo will break out, and Gagne may bounce back. You could possibly have the best closers in the league. Get Baez and your golden.

Your hitting is definitely weak for a 10 teamer... no reliable Power at all, not one stud.
MentalPowerHouse
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -12)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team