Postby BILLYBATTS25 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:37 pm

I LIKE UR HITTERS BUT I THINK U NEED HELP WITH UR PITCHERS HERE IS MY LINK

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=183742
BILLYBATTS25
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby onestaruniform » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:27 am

Love the bats! ...however, you obviously had to sacrifice a bit in the pitching area to get such great bats and could use some help with the arms...as far as saves go, Orvella had a horrible spring and it looks like Miceli will be closing, which doesn't do much for me...Weathers is out there, but the Cin bullpen is a mess it's a huge gamble considering Kent Merker, Ryan Wagner, and Todd Coffey could all steal saves from weathers...you might pick up Weathers or Miceli with your empty roster spot when you put Prior on the DL but watch the waiver wire closely for new closers to pop up as they always do (my crystal ball tells me the first "established" closer to lose his job to ineffectiveness or injury is Armando Benitez, but that's just conjecture at this point)...as for SP help, E. Santana is a solid option fill in for a while and actually could end up having a solid season with several wins though I would count on his ERA being terribly low...I torn in whether I would reccommend droping Kinsler for Santana, but I'd probably say do it just because you need the pitching alot more than the bats at this point...I watched Kinsler play A ball for the Clinton Lumberkings, and I can tell you, he is the real deal, but he may need some time to adjust to the majors, but he will hit (if not right away) eventually, and the fact that he'll be in such a good lineup is what makes the decision hard, but I definantly think you could use an extra pitcher at this point...
onestaruniform
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: -1)

Postby onestaruniform » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:29 am

oh, I just saw that you already dropped Kinsler, so disregard that Kinsler bit in the above post
onestaruniform
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: -1)

Postby acescount » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:34 am

i like gathright, he's a sb monster!
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=341969
acescount
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheNSFBB » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:44 am

Overall I think you have a good team.

1. Crosby will be good this year. I live in Oakland and I believe that he could be similar to Peralta. But, obviously, you already have Peralta. So it's your call. I'd keep Gathright if you expect him to land a fulltime starter role.

2. I really like Turnbow and Valverde, so I disagree that your closers are in a dire situation. Definitely no need to go and trade a big bat for a 1st teir guy. Orvella may be a goner though. I would pick up Borowski and/or Weathers. You only need guys that have the job for now. Do they currently close? Then you can start them this week. If they lose their jobs go ahead and drop them next week. You're not trying to find guys that are going to have their job all year. You're just trying to win one week at a time.

3. You lack true aces and SP depth, but Felix, Patterson, Kazmir, and even Cain should all be pretty good. And hopefully you'll have Clemens and Prior for parts of the season as well. Maybe you can start Weathers/Borowski now then Clemens/Prior later. You can always find someone with a favorable matchup or two starts. Don't stress the pitchers right now.
TheNSFBB
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby somervillesoxfan » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:52 am

ahhhhhh!!!! Devine and Orvella were sent to the minors.....now what do I do? Miceli, Cotts, and Borowski all picked up today. Although someone did drop Shields and Prince Fielder. Should I drop Devine and/or Orvella for Shields, Rodney, R. Soriano, F. Cabrera, Erv. Santana, Kotchman, Murton, or Prince. Help me out now im really confused about my closer situation. Make sure to leave a link and ill respond.
somervillesoxfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby schmidty » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:10 am

Thanks for posting to my question. To your first thing, I wouldn't do the trade (Gathright for Crosby). Though I'd rank Crosby higher overall, and think he's going to surprise some people, he doesn't fit the needs of your team. Crosby would only serve as Peralta's back-up. Gathright, while he might not have a spot in the everyday lineup, will go up greatly in value when/if he starts playing and getting steals. As soon as that happens, you can cash in for pitching to the guy who's hurting in that cat. Your starters seem to be set, but there's a lot of OF spots -- having another OFer isn't bad.

For your pitching -- is Devine really out of running for Atlanta's closer? Hadn't heard that yet (or Orvella's being sent down) so I can't really comment on it. Is Burgos gone? Shields might be a nice pick-up for the time being. He gets some saves, some wins, a bunch of K's, and killer ERAs and WHIPs. That might get you by for now. Keep an eye out on the WW and other FAs who might emerge.
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -6)

Postby CeeLoGreen » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:22 am

First off, don't do that trade. Speed is too hard to come by. Some jerkoff in my league picked Gathright 2 picks before I targeted him. Being in the Tampa area, the radio show hosts are all high on him. Plus you already have Perralta. Crosby is a good option at short, but horrible at utility, there are much better options.

Second, Why not grab Borowski and see what happens with the other guys you mentioned. Just keep an eye on them.

Thanks for the reply
CeeLoGreen
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -2)

Postby TheNSFBB » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:35 am

Yes, try to pick up Fielder and Shields if Devine and Orvella are gone. Shields is probably more valuable right now, but I think you mentioned this is a keeper league so you'll definitely want Prince too.
TheNSFBB
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby somervillesoxfan » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:19 pm

ya i cant pickup borowski he is already gone. im thinking about trying to get shields and fielder off of the WW for orvella and devine. does anyone think that this would be a smart move or should I just grab shields and hold onto devine??
somervillesoxfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team