I need two owners for Sportsline 5-player keeper salary cap draft this Sunday, April 2. The cost is $80 to join the league.
Here are the rules and regulations below, if you have any questions or want an invite to join, email me at mailto:Brian1harwood@aol.com
Live Draft, 4/2/06 08:30 pm ET.
• 23 Rounds, with 105 seconds between picks.
• Draft robot enabled - picks are made automatically for teams that let the clock expire.
Player Pool: AL and NL Players.
Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, DH, SP and RP.
Eligibility: Players are eligible at their primary position, plus positions they've played 20 games last year or 10 games this year.
Everyone is eligible at DH.
Transactions: • Lineups are set once for the start of each period.
Deadline is 30 minutes before gametime on the first day of the period.
• Owners may set lineups and change players' positions.
• Only players who are on the disabled list may be placed into Injured status.
• Add/drops are handled by a waivers process.
• The waivers process runs everyday until the season starts, at which time the process will run on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
• Dropped players remain on waivers for at least 1 day(s).
• Trades must be approved by the commissioner.
• No trades can be made after the trade deadline of 11:59 PM ET 8/29/06.
(Click Here to set a reminder)
• Owners may make trades during the offseason.
Schedule: Weekly scoring periods, starting on Mondays.
Playoffs start in Period 23 and last for 4 Periods.
Fees: League Entry Fee: $80
Scoring: Head-to-Head, Individual Categories System.
Ties go to the team with better OBP.
Scoring based on total stats each period.
Scoring for Batting Categories
BA - Batting Average
HR - Home Runs
R - Runs
RBI - Runs Batted In
SB - Stolen Bases
Scoring for Pitching Categories
ERA - Earned Run Average
K - Strikeouts (Pitcher)
S - Saves
W - Wins
WHIP - Walks + Hits / Inning
Constitution: Constitution: WELCOME TO THE HFS NICKEL & DIME DYNASTY LEAGUE!!!
This will be a fantasy league like no other. We will draft players online and some in person like a normal draft. However these players have a salary attached to them when you buy them. Your salary cap at all times is a $260 cap, but at the end of the season we will keep more players than a more normal keeper league.
Let me go over some rules with you that are not necessarily above.
1. Draft date is Sunday, April 2nd at 8:30 pm CENTRAL TIME either online, or you're invited to the Dr. Harwood Modular Home on 936 Shive Lane, Lot 3 in Bowling Green, KY to draft LIVE there.
2. First of all the league cost is $80 for the season and the scoring system will be the normal Sportsline Head-to-head scoring format with 12 teams. We will have a $260 salary cap to draft EXACTLY 23 major league baseball players. It will be a normal serpentine snake draft but however each player will have a salary. If you go over the cap, you will have an illegal lineup until you get it fixed!!!!
3. In addition free agent pickups during the season will cost $3 against your salary cap. Players that go on the DL will still count against your cap as well. So be careful!!!
4. Keeper system: In this dynasty format we will keep a gradual increase of players off your major league roster for future seasons. The player values will count AGAINST your $260 cap as keepers. For the first season you shall keep FIVE players against your salary cap from the 2006 season. After the second season you shall keep SEVEN players against the cap. After the third and subsequent seasons you shall keep TEN players against the cap.
5. Also the player values for 2006 players will derive from the Sporting News Fantasy Baseball Annual 2006 magazine, on newsstands everywhere right now. The values will come from the MIXED VALUES section of the magazine, on page 32 of the magazine. During the draft default player values that are NOT in the magazine. will cost $1 against your cap. The 2007 draft will have open players go with the Sporting News 2007 player values.
6. Keepers for future seasons will assume the Sporting News values for the season the player was DRAFTED plus a $5 tax each season. Also free agent pickup signed during the season for $3 if kept for the next season will cost $5 to keep them. After that they will assume the $5 tax added to each season the player is kept. YOU CAN KEEP PLAYERS AS LONG AS YOU WANT IF YOU'RE WILLING TO PAY THE PRICE AGAINST YOUR CAP TO KEEP THEM.
7. Trade system: Trade rule for this league:
They are effective the next scoring period, which is two days plus the day the trade was made. Minor leaguers can be included in the trade. Dr. Harwood or one of the teams involved in a trade will post a message stating a trade is pending hopefully the day Dr. Harwood gets the email from Sportsline saying "Commissioner transaction request" Unless...
Each team gets 2 protests for the year. You must PUT YOUR PROTEST ON LEAGUE MESSAGE BOARD WITHIN 24 HRS OF TRADE. NO OTHER WAY WILL BE ACCEPTED. If two team protests...just two it goes to a vote. Everyone votes and it needs a minimum 6 (50% of the league votes against it) veto to overturn. The voting period
is 48 hrs.
It will be conducted via the CBS home page poll. Whether a team protests is upheld or not, he burns one of his protests and remember you only get 2. Here is also a kicker...if you protest and you dont get the other needed to go to vote, you still lose a protest.
You can only make one trade with the same team per week (or seven day period). Maximum 8 players in any deal.
If your trade gets voted down you CANNOT trade with that team again until the following week (after seven days elapse) with restrictions.
If your trade gets voted down and you want to try and trade with that team the following week(s) the following restrictions apply:
If it was a 2 player deal - 1 player must be changed
3 player deal - 2 players must be changed
4 player deal - 3 players must be changed
5 player deal - 3 players must be changed
6 player deal - 4 players must be changed
7 player deal - 4 players must be changed
8 player deal - 5 players must be changed.
Under no circumstances can a trade be posted again that involves the exact same players unless 4 weeks have passed. It is allowable then for things may have changed.
This new rule will work but it seems hard to understand at first.
8. Prize Payouts: The league shall cost $80 to play this season. The Sportsline site will cost $150. $450 goes to the tournament champion while $160 will go to the BEST regular season record before the playoffs. $160 goes to the tournament runner up in the playoffs.
9. Playoff Rules: Top six teams will make the playoffs:
The three division winners in order of records will get the top three seeds. THe other three seeds will get in based on overall season record (does not matter about division). THe matchups are as follows:
Week 23: 1st and 2nd seeds get a bye
3rd seed vs. 6th seed, 4th seed vs. 5th seed
Week 24; 1st seed vs. LOWEST remaining seed in the playoffs at that time. THe other two seeds will play in the other game.
Week 25/26: NICKEL & DIME FINALS
10. Tiebreakers for standings for division winners and playoff seedings:
Ties in the standings are resolved in this order: Winning Percentage, Head to Head Record, Total Points, Division Record, Points Against (Schedule Difficulty).
Good luck this season, BH
4 HDADDY INC.
5 Taz Devils
8 True Blue
Order is reversed on even-numbered rounds
Status Min Max
Active Players 16 16
Reserve Players 7 7
Injured Players 0 3
Minors Players 0 0
Total Players 23 26
Position Min Max Tot
Active C 1 1
Active 1B 1 1
Active 2B 1 1
Active 3B 1 1
Active SS 1 1
Active OF 3 3
Active DH 1 1
Active SP 2 5
Active RP 2 5
Illegal rosters score zero
points in standings.
Injured players do not count against positional roster limits.
Field Name Default Active Max Total Max
Salary 3 260 260