Return to Baseball Leftovers

SIGNS YOU ARE SPENDING TOO MUCH TIME PREPPING FOR DRAFT

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AKhomebrewer » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:27 pm

Wife poked her head into the room and said, "Are you still looking up that baseball stuff?"

As she left, I'm thinking, "I'm married?!"
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Joe Mauer » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:35 pm

It's been quite the opposite for me. Last year I got CRAZY prepared. This year....I've done a little leg work....but not a ton. Sometimes less is more boys....or so I hope. I dream about other things that involve scoring other than baseball. ;-D

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)
Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby cordscords » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:44 pm

I saw a turkey, and thought to myself does Jimmy Gobble make for a good sleeper in AL only leagues?
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 5)

Postby jlm53089 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:45 pm

when I have studied more for fantasy baseball then for the SATs
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -216)

Postby Mean One » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:30 pm

My girlfriend surprised me two weeks ago by showing up at the hotel I was staying at wearing a long grey trenchcoat and high heals. When she entered my room and opened it up to reveal only her sexy red-laced bra and panties, the first thing that popped into my mind was Bonds dressed as Paula Abdul. :-/

Needless to say, I eventually snapped out of my stupor and made her trip worthwhile for the both of us. :-°
Mean One
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:43 pm

Mean One wrote:My girlfriend surprised me two weeks ago by showing up at the hotel I was staying at wearing a long grey trenchcoat and high heals. When she entered my room and opened it up to reveal only her sexy red-laced bra and panties, the first thing that popped into my mind was Bonds dressed as Paula Abdul. :-/

Needless to say, I eventually snapped out of my stupor and made her trip worthwhile for the both of us. :-°

What? I admit that Bonds would not enter my mind.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -15)

Postby Mean One » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:35 am

OneLoveBoomer wrote:
Mean One wrote:My girlfriend surprised me two weeks ago by showing up at the hotel I was staying at wearing a long grey trenchcoat and high heals. When she entered my room and opened it up to reveal only her sexy red-laced bra and panties, the first thing that popped into my mind was Bonds dressed as Paula Abdul. :-/

Well, I've always had this thing for Paula Abdul. Plus the fact that I was in front of my laptop going over baseball stats and player movements during the offseason. And Bonds is always in the news. Yeah, I'm a sick puppy. :-/
Mean One
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:38 am

OneLoveBoomer wrote:

Have you seen his girlfriend?

just joking :-]
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -416)

Postby CBV » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:07 pm

i think its great once the season gets a few months in and a few of my friends/managers are in a bar with me watching baseball tonight or sportscenter....i swear its like a choir a seconds later "HE IS ON MY TEAM" ... "YES I HAVE THAT GUY!!!"

girls near always give the "what losers" look lol :*)

another sign is when i went to the doctor the other day he said "lets take a look at your Toe, Knee, Arm and Ass" he was perplexed when i took out my Tony Armas Jr baseball card....

;-)
Vaughn: What's that sh*t on your chest?

Harris: Crisco, Bardol, Vagisil. Any one of them will give you another two to three inches drop on your curve ball.

Crisco Bardol Vagisil
CBV
College Coach
College Coach

Location: Home of 2005 World Series Champs! Beverly-South Side Chicago * GO SOX *

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers