Return to Baseball Leftovers

David Bush wins Rotation Spot

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

David Bush wins Rotation Spot

Postby TheBayBergaler » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:30 pm

according to Rotoworld....

David Bush, who officially won a rotation spot on Wednesday, blanked the Giants for six innings on Thursday.
He has a 0.90 ERA in 20 innings this spring. Bush will start the fourth game of the season as a result of the injury to Ben Sheets. Mar. 23 - 6:38 pm et

What do you guys think? Chances he finally breaks out now that he has the tutilige of Mike Maddux who seems to be the new Mazonne. Good chance he's on the waiver wire in most if not all leagues.
Yahoo StatTracker+MLB Extra Innings= Heaven
TheBayBergaler
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cristóbal » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:34 pm

i am weak on pitching and have picked him up. i expect a decent year out of bush. 160 innings, 11 wins, 3.7 ERA, 1.2 WHIP, and about 6/9 k ratio
cristóbal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Members Only Jackets » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:54 pm

to quote Booger from "Revenge of the Nerds, " "We got Bush!"
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -2)

Postby giants! » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:57 pm

I like his chances, I had already drafted/traded for him in two deep leagues
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -157)

Postby bdrotoronto » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:09 pm

I always thought Bush was a guy with a lot of potential, things just didn't work out for him in Toronto for a variety of reasons. But he showed major flashes on several occasions.

With a secure spot in a major-league rotation, and with a top pitching coach like Maddux, I really think he could be a break-through candidate either this year or next.
You've got a diamond, You've got nine men
You've got a hat and a bat, And that's not all..
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -32)

Postby mrider » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:30 pm

I am not saying that he won't be good but just because he has a good pitchign doesn't mean he is all of sudden going to be good. Bush had a decent pitching coach in Arnsberg one of the reasons he failed in Toronto was because when Toronto was 5 games back of the wild card Halladay was injured and Bush was in the rotation being a prospect who was supposed to good later he wasn't playing great so everyone was saying he wasn't panning out. That obviously hurt his confidence and affected his pitching.
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -18)

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:34 pm

mrider wrote:I am not saying that he won't be good but just because he has a good pitchign doesn't mean he is all of sudden going to be good. Bush had a decent pitching coach in Arnsberg one of the reasons he failed in Toronto was because when Toronto was 5 games back of the wild card Halladay was injured and Bush was in the rotation being a prospect who was supposed to good later he wasn't playing great so everyone was saying he wasn't panning out. That obviously hurt his confidence and affected his pitching.

He had to face the Yankees and the Red Sox. Take away those starts and his numbers are pretty good. He will have a nice rebirth in Milwaukee.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby perlick29 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:50 pm

teddyballgamemvp wrote:
mrider wrote:I am not saying that he won't be good but just because he has a good pitchign doesn't mean he is all of sudden going to be good. Bush had a decent pitching coach in Arnsberg one of the reasons he failed in Toronto was because when Toronto was 5 games back of the wild card Halladay was injured and Bush was in the rotation being a prospect who was supposed to good later he wasn't playing great so everyone was saying he wasn't panning out. That obviously hurt his confidence and affected his pitching.

He had to face the Yankees and the Red Sox. Take away those starts and his numbers are pretty good. He will have a nice rebirth in Milwaukee.

Funny thing is some of his best games have come against the Yanks but even still he should be solid this year.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -75)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:41 pm

One of my sleepers this year.

now let's hope none of my league mates sees this
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -246)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:20 am

I think Bush is a good guy to take on late rounds, or spend a buck or two.

He had a terrible start of the season last year, but finished strong after spending some time in AAA. His ceiling might not be as high as some other young picthers out there, but I expect him to be at least decent this season. Don't expect him to win you a championship, but he's gonna help you especially in deeper leagues.

Say you can choose between Daniel Cabrera and Bush this season. Bush would be the safe pick while Cabrera could bomb...or become the ace of the O's staff. ;-)

btw...the Jays should have shipped Chacin, not Bush. :-b
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers