Return to Baseball Leftovers

What's Not To Love About Aaron Heilman?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:56 am

We only need one Heilman thread (and they were pretty repetitive) so I merged them.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -416)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby phillibuster » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:03 pm

AT wrote:I wasn't making an argument before. I was making jokes. But I do believe Mets fans wear blinders and fail to face reality 90% of the time by building up average players into superstars by being "less than objective". But here's my argument in a nutshell:

He's a Bullpen Pitcher. Just reported by Ed Coleman on the Fan about 2 minutes ago.

Thank you for being so concerned about the Mets. :-?
phillibuster
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Amazinz » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:05 pm

Coleman is just reiterating Noble's story from yesterday which made it's way through the various NY papers this morning. Although it seems likely, Randolph will still not confirm:

Willie Randolph wrote:If it is, it's not something I'm ready to say is going to happen. I mean, speculate about it. That's fine. Either way, if Heilman was in the bullpen and Bannister was starting, that would be fine, if that's the way it works out overall for our staff. If it's the other way around, where he stayed in the rotation and we added someone else, that would be fine, too. But we won't know until the rest of the week plays out and we see what we have overall.

Daily News
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -120)

Postby phillibuster » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:08 pm

So is Heilman starting today as scheduled?

Amazinz wrote:Coleman is just reiterating Noble's story from yesterday which made it's way through the various NY papers this morning. Although it seems likely, Randolph will still not confirm:

Willie Randolph wrote:If it is, it's not something I'm ready to say is going to happen. I mean, speculate about it. That's fine. Either way, if Heilman was in the bullpen and Bannister was starting, that would be fine, if that's the way it works out overall for our staff. If it's the other way around, where he stayed in the rotation and we added someone else, that would be fine, too. But we won't know until the rest of the week plays out and we see what we have overall.

Daily News
phillibuster
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Amazinz » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:44 pm

phillibuster wrote:So is Heilman starting today as scheduled?

No, they changed it. Lima will start and Heilman will replace him out of the pen. I think this is a good indication that Heilman is moving to the pen even though Randolph won't commit.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby phillibuster » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:46 pm

Amazinz wrote:
phillibuster wrote:So is Heilman starting today as scheduled?

No, they changed it. Lima will start and Heilman will replace him out of the pen. I think this is a good indication that Heilman is moving to the pen even though Randolph won't commit.

Damn, I think that is the nail in Heilmans bullpen coffin. Just feel bad for the guy after he was promised the spot...pitched great in winter ball, and then followed up with an awesome ST. Oh well, perhaps he'll get his chance at some point this season.
phillibuster
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Amazinz » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:51 pm

During the Mets broadcast Rick Peterson confirmed that Heilman is in the pen, Bannister in the rotation.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers