LCBOY wrote:"Stat Head" views
1) BA is overrated, OBP much more valuable
2) I read all of Bill James' books
3) Sabermetrics is the future
4) My list of way overrated players: Helton, Jeter, Soriano, Abreu, Ichiro
5) My list of underrated players: B. Boone, Sexton, Jason Giambi, Manny Ramirez, Jim Thome
6) I prefer H2H vs roto
7) I enjoyed Moneyball, I hope Jeremy Brown becomes an All-Star so he can tell all the scouts that said he sucked to "shove it!"
ICHIRO OVERATTED? YOU ARE CRAZY. THE GUY CAN HIT ANY PITCH AT ANY COUNT TO ANY PART OF THE BALLPARK INCLUDING OVER THE FENCE. THE GUY IS CAPABLE OF 30+ HOMERS A YEAR! ALSO HE POSTED THE HIGHEST AVERAGE WITH RUNNERS IN SCORING POSITION OF ALL TIME! AND HOW MANY GUYS ARE RUNNING OUT INFIELD SINGLES, STEALING 2ND AND THEN 3RD IN TODAYS GAME??? AND HOW MANY OF THEM HAVE THE STRONGEST AND MOST ACCURATE ARM IN THE GAME!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? MAYBE A GUY LIKE VLADE CAN THROW FARTHER BUT NO ONE COMBINES BOTH ARM STRENGTH AND ACCURACY AT A HIGHER LEVEL THAN ICHIRO, NOT TO MENTION HIS OFFENSIVE SKILLS.