Hello. Need someone for a dynasty Sportsline 5 X 5 Rotisserie league this Sunday, starting at 2:30 p.m. central time. It is not a draft, it is an auction league with a $260 salary cap. We will draft live on FANTASYAUCTIONEER.com while the stats and league will be on Sportsline. The cost is $125 for the season and rules and regulations are below. This league will be around for a while so take this spot while it's open today! For more information, email me back at mailto:Brian1harwood@aol.com
AL and NL Players.
Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, OF, DH, SP and RP.
Eligibility: Players are eligible at their primary position, plus positions they've played 20 games last year or 10 games this year.
Everyone is eligible at DH.
Transactions: • Lineups may be set daily up to 30 minutes before gametime.
• Owners may set lineups and change players' positions.
• Only players who are on the disabled list may be placed into Injured status.
• Only players in the minor leagues may be placed into Minors status.
• Add/drops are handled by a waivers process.
• The waivers process runs everyday until the season starts, at which time the process will run on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
• Dropped players remain on waivers for at least 1 day(s).
• Trades must be approved by the commissioner.
• No trades can be made after the trade deadline of 11:59 PM ET 8/29/06.
(Click Here to set a reminder)
• Owners may make trades during the offseason.
Schedule: Weekly scoring periods, starting on Mondays.
Min/Max: Min AB: 3350
Min IP: 900
Max IP: 1400
• Teams not meeting the minimums will receive 0 points in categories using AB or IP (e.g., BA or ERA)
• Teams will stop receiving points when maximums are exceeded.
Limits For Games Played Per Position
Position Min Max
C 1 162
1B 1 162
2B 1 162
3B 1 162
SS 1 162
MI 1 162
CI 1 162
OF 3 486
DH 1 162
• Teams will lose all statistics at a given position if minimum games at the poisition are not met by season end.
• Teams will stop receiving statistics at a given position when maximum games are exceeded.
Fees: League Entry Fee: $125
Scoring: Rotisserie System.
Scoring for Batting Categories
BA - Batting Average
HR - Home Runs
R - Runs
RBI - Runs Batted In
SB - Stolen Bases
Scoring for Pitching Categories
ERA - Earned Run Average
K - Strikeouts (Pitcher)
S - Saves
W - Wins
WHIP - Walks + Hits / Inning
Constitution: WELCOME TO THE HFS DYNASTY BASEBALL LEAGUE!
This will be a fantasy league like no other. We will auction players online with a $260 cap, but at the end of the season we will keep way more players than a more normal keeper league. Also we will have a minor league system that will serve as a farm system to serve as a basis for years to come for this league.
Let me go over some rules with you that are not necessarily above.
1. AUCTION DATE MARCH 19.....Starts at 3:30 pm EASTERN TIME. THE MINOR LEAGUE draft will start on MARCH 23 (via message board, will be a snake draft order. Order will be randomized by CBS).
2. First of all the league cost is $125 for the season and the scoring system will be the normal 5 X 5 Rotisserie format with 12 teams. We will have a $260 salary cap to auction off EXACTLY 24 major league baseball players. After the auction at some point (starts March 23) we will do a minor league draft that will not count against your cap while on your minors roster.
3. In addition free agent pickups during the season will cost $1 against your salary cap. In addition minor league players can be called up at any time to the major league roster and at that point they will count $1 against your cap.
Players that go on the DL will still count against your cap as well. You also have a 40 player add/drop limit to make add/drops, either by waivers or free agent pickup, and once you reach 40 add/drops you can no longer make add/drop transactions for that year. You can keep up with this under the finance page, with a fictional $1 cost to keep up with them. However minor league call-ups, demotions, or pick-ups will NOT count against the 40 add/drops.
4. Keeper system: In this dynasty format we will keep 13 players off your major league roster for future seasons. The player values will count AGAINST your $260 cap as keepers. For minor leaguers you can keep none up to all of your minor league players at no salary cap penalty.
5. After the first season there will be a 10% tax added to your kept player values for 2007 if players cost $10 or more. Taxes will be rounded down to the next least dollar amount for the last digits 0-4 on player price. Taxes will be rounded up to the next dollar amount for the last digits 5-9 on player price. For your 13 major league kept players, February 28, 2007 is the deadline to declare your keepers.
6. After the second season you keep players there will be a $7 tax added to your kept players every season until you throw them back into the pool. For minor leaguers you can keep none up to all of your minor league players at no salary cap penalty. Also free agent pickups for $1 if kept for the next season will cost $5 to keep them. YOU CAN KEEP PLAYERS AS LONG AS YOU WANT IF YOU'RE WILLING TO PAY THE PRICE AGAINST YOUR CAP TO KEEP THEM.
7. The auction will be on fantasyauctioneer.com. on March 19, 2006.
8. Trade system: Trade rule for this league:
They are effective the next scoring period, which is two days plus the day the trade was made. Minor leaguers can be included in the trade. Dr. Harwood or one of the teams involved in a trade will post a message stating a trade is pending hopefully the day Dr. Harwood gets the email from Sportsline saying "Commissioner transaction request" Unless...
Each team gets 2 protests for the year. You must PUT YOUR PROTEST ON LEAGUE MESSAGE BOARD WITHIN 24 HRS OF TRADE. NO OTHER WAY WILL BE ACCEPTED. If two team protests...just two it goes to a vote. Everyone votes and it needs a minimum 6 (50% of the league votes against it) veto to overturn. The voting period
is 48 hrs.
It will be conducted via the CBS home page poll. Whether a team protests is upheld or not, he burns one of his protests and remember you only get 2. Here is also a kicker...if you protest and you dont get the other needed to go to vote, you still lose a protest.
You can only make one trade with the same team per week (or seven day period). Maximum 8 players in any deal.
If your trade gets voted down you CANNOT trade with that team again until the following week (after seven days elapse) with restrictions.
If your trade gets voted down and you want to try and trade with that team the following week(s) the following restrictions apply:
If it was a 2 player deal - 1 player must be changed
3 player deal - 2 players must be changed
4 player deal - 3 players must be changed
5 player deal - 3 players must be changed
6 player deal - 4 players must be changed
7 player deal - 4 players must be changed
8 player deal - 5 players must be changed.
Under no circumstances can a trade be posted again that involves the exact same players unless 4 weeks have passed. It is allowable then for things may have changed.
This new rule will work but it seems hard to understand at first.
9. Prize Payouts:
Keep in mind I have to pay Sportsline commish fees and possibly fantasyauctioneer.com to use for an auction site.
Also Dr. Harwood's vodka and whiskey fees to keep a calm, sane environment that night of the auction.
Here it is:
$750 to league champion at end of the year (1st place in standings)
$300 to 2nd place in standings
$125 to 3rd place in standings
$125 to MOST IMPROVED in NET ROTO points after the All-Star Break
10. Once a rookie reaches 130 at-bats or 50 innings pitched, that player is considered a MAJOR leaguer. He will then be ineligible to be demoted to your minor league system, however if he is in your minor league system at the 130 AB/50 IP time, he can remain in your minor league system as long as you wish until you bring him up to your major league roster. When this happens he loses all eligibility to go down to the minors. Any comments or questions please let me know.
If a minor league player is on your major league roster (regardless of what his total ABs or IP is) on the last day of the season, he will be treated as a major league player, and if you want to keep him, he will count towards your 13 major league keepers. If he is under the 130 ABs and 50 IP and you want to keep him as a minor leaguer, just make sure he is sent down to your minor league system before the last day of the season. Also, if you draft a minor league player during our March 19th auction draft, he will NOT be considered a minor league player and will NEVER be able to be demoted to your minor league system. This is because he will have a dollar amount associated with him, whereas the other minor leaguers that we draft in our minor league snake draft will not. In other words, if you plan on drafting a rookie such as Delmon Young in our auction draft, you better be prepared for him to play for you or take up a bench spot because he will never be allowed to be sent down to your minor league system. If you trade a minor league player that was bought in our auction draft, the new owner will not be able to send him down either. The same goes for if you drop a minor league player bought in our auction draft and another owner picks him up. He will still not be allowed to be sent down.
The minor leaguers in your minor league system do not count against your cap, but when you bring one up, he counts for the minimum on your cap, which is $1. If you send him back down, you would free up that one dollar. If you bring a minor leaguer up, you must have a roster spot open for him. You will never be allowed to have more than 23 players on your major league roster at anytime. Note: your DL players do not count against the 23.
I am currently working on a system to deal with the influx of the new minor leaguers that will be selected out of highschool and college by the REAL Major League teams. This will not happen until later in the year, so I am not too concerned with it at the moment. In the meantime, the owners in our league can drop any of their minor leaguers for other minor leaguers not drafted in our snake draft if they so wish. I will have to manually do this, so you can contact me by email to let me know. It will be first-come-first-serve.
Also as other owners and I get more ideas before the season I can add or delete rules from our TOP TEN. Good luck and enjoy the season. If you have any questions or comments contact me at mailto:Brian1harwood@aol.com
2 cards rule
3 Ideal Lineup
4 H-DADDY DYNASTY
5 Motivation Bob
10 Mad-Town WHIPers
11 Mike Petersen
Order is reversed on even-numbered rounds
Status Min Max
Active Players 18 18
Reserve Players 6 6
Injured Players 0 3
Minors Players 0 8
Total Players 24 36
Position Min Max Tot
Active C 1 1
Active 1B 1 1
Active 2B 1 1
Active 3B 1 1
Active SS 1 1
Active MI 1 1
Active CI 1 1
Active OF 3 3
Active DH 1 1
Active SP 2 5
Active RP 2 5
Illegal rosters score zero
points in standings.
Injured players do not count against positional roster limits.
Minor league players do not count against positional roster limits.
Field Name Default Active Max Total Max
Salary 1 260 260