Return to Baseball Leftovers

Oliver Perez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Oliver Perez

Postby kemper5 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:09 am

Thursday wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Zito is God wrote:He'll have a nice bounceback effect IMO. I see RJ type K numbers with 15 Wins and a sub 3 ERA.

This is a joke right?

I don't see why not! But not this year... a year or two with proper off-season conditioning, and he'll be back to 2004 numbers.

I see him around the 04 # .. 14W, 215K, 2.98 era
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Phatferd » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:17 am

I got him with my 2nd to last pick in round 21, so I hope he has these numbers. I just took a chance on him that late.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dooz » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 am

The Jury wrote:
zhutou wrote:ROFL i still remember that game where he just started chucking balls into the stands ;-D ;-D ;-D

WHAT??????????? Are you serious??? Do you have a link or some footage of this?? I would love to see what happened!

hahaha, you dont remember this?

i think it was aginst the cubs, no?
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby The Jury » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:21 am

dooz wrote:
The Jury wrote:
zhutou wrote:ROFL i still remember that game where he just started chucking balls into the stands ;-D ;-D ;-D

WHAT??????????? Are you serious??? Do you have a link or some footage of this?? I would love to see what happened!

I so want to see that! It's not that I don't remember it - I can't remember something that I never knew about in the first place!!
The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -13)

Postby JakeTrain72 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:07 am

After my draft was done, Perez was standing amidst about 12 different 10 foot poles.
JakeTrain72
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -2)

Postby MotorCityKitties » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:10 am

I see Perez closer to his 04 numbers. Last year was such a disaster that I'm not going to write him off yet.

Also, I would put too much stock in one spring training inning. I'm encouraged that he still has the stuff to strike out the side, and he still has three weeks to get his control.
MotorCityKitties
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -12)

Postby Yoda » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:11 am

Wow I'm stunned at how many people actually think Ollie will come anywhere near 2004 especially 2006. I guess he could if they increased the strikezone by a foot or so?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby clevername » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:37 am

The Jury wrote:
dooz wrote:
The Jury wrote:

I so want to see that! It's not that I don't remember it - I can't remember something that I never knew about in the first place!!

it was in the playoffs against Atlanta...and he wasn't "chucking balls into the stands".

His control was horrible, he started thinking about it too much, his release point got all screwed up, and he started throwing a lot of wild pitches. Some of them were very wild, but not as hyperbolic as indicated earlier.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bselig » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:26 pm

Wow. Lots of wishful thinking in this thread.
[b][size=35]25[/size][/b]
bselig Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby Yoda » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:26 pm

clevername wrote:
The Jury wrote:
dooz wrote:
The Jury wrote:

it was in the playoffs against Atlanta...and he wasn't "chucking balls into the stands".

His control was horrible, he started thinking about it too much, his release point got all screwed up, and he started throwing a lot of wild pitches. Some of them were very wild, but not as hyperbolic as indicated earlier.

No it wasnt that bad but he was throwing behind people and missing the target by feet not inches.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers