Well, I had my first draft tonight, and things worked ok. It was a bit tough keeping up with a 90 sec/turn snake draft, but I managed. It was a great experience though, in that it showed me that the absolute slowest thing, and what was causing me the most "HURRY UP" moments, was reloading the page with a full listing (no or hardly any filters).
So I added a "Top 20 only" checkbox - works just like it sounds. It's much faster, and I realized that I wasn't really looking much past that anyways.
Anyways, according to Set A, I have the top team! Set B doesn't think so, but I was drafting according to Set A, so that's to be expected.
Thanks to all for helping me debug this! I've got another draft Wed, and I'll be looking for ways to speed it up further...
Draft Tool (in progess!): http://www.grumpytom.com/fantasybaseball