Return to Baseball Leftovers

Help the RotoBabe win her week :-)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help the RotoBabe win her week :-)

Postby BeautifulBrunette » Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:33 am

Well, your sage advice was so great last night (sit Pavano against the Red Sox), that I'm back asking for more. I have B. Myers going at Baltimore and Zambrano at home against Atlanta. Sit Zambrano...right?

Here's where I'm at in a very close contest agianst my male chauvinist pig opponent :-D this week:

Wins: Me 7 Him 3
Saves: Me 5 Him 3
K's: Me 37 Him 37
ERA: Me 3.23 Him 2.77
WHIP: Me 1.23 Him 1.27

We stand at 4-4-2 overall for the week. He has no one starting tonight & I have the 2 I listed above. Tomorrow I have Jason Schmidt vs. Oakland and he has Jason Davis against the Reds (he's a Tribe fan....need I say more?) LOL

Appreciate your input and opinions, thanks again :-) ;-D
BeautifulBrunette
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby UMTerp29 » Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:40 am

i would definately start myers, and sit zambrano. that way if zambrano gets shelled, he can't kill your whip and make you lose that category. you should have wins locked up for the week, so the combo of myers and schmidt should win k's for you since he only has davis left. You should be able to go 4-1 in the pitching categories, possibly win ERA if Schmist and Myers pitch well and Davis gets rocked.
UMTerp29
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -17)

Postby Dr.DooM » Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:27 pm

I just put Zambrano on my bench. I was briefly tempted to start him against Atlanta since he did so well against the Yankees, and the last month in general. But Atlanta is better offensive team than the Yankees right now believe it or not. Besides, even if he wins, no one can fault the logic behind sitting him. At least we'll know Zambrano is for real if he beats Atlanta. It will be much more painful if he implodes since we should have known better.
Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.
Dr.DooM
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Hyde » Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:31 pm

Just thought I would let you know that Jason Schmidt isn't going to pitch until Monday, they decided to give him an extra days rest. I would start Myers and if he gets ripped you could go grab a pitcher off the waiver wire to pitch tomorrow.
When you are born you are given a ticket to the freak show, I say enjoy the show. - George Carlin
Hyde
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BeautifulBrunette » Sat Jun 28, 2003 2:19 pm

thank you for the tip Hyde! :-B
BeautifulBrunette
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Super GM » Sat Jun 28, 2003 2:36 pm

Definately sit Zambrano vs. the Braves. I'm not saying this because I'm a Braves fan, but because I'm worried about your ERA and WHIP stats. He's gonna get rocked. Not as bad as Pavano though. As for Myers...I have him too and I'm starting him. Baltimore shouldn't be of any danger to him. Good luck! ;-D
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -55)

Postby DGroundhog » Sat Jun 28, 2003 3:01 pm

I'd start both Zambrano and Myers (assuming no SEASON inning limit -starting both does not hurt you in future games limits). Giles has gone into a funk for Atlanta, and they have cooled a bit except for Javy. Sheff and Andruw are still studs, but to me the mystique isn't there with the Braves. He also faces a beatable Atlanta starter. I'm not afraid of Atlanta like I would be the Yanks or the Jays, or even the Red Sox now.

With Zambranbo and Myers starting, you would take both W's and K's. Neither is going to hurt you saves, you probably win there as well with a 2 save lead. ERA is not in your control. You need the pig to falter. WHIP is about the only stat you could hurt yourself in. Half of that is also dependant on the performance of the pig's staff.

To me it looks like the rewards of starting both outweigh the risk.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)

Postby BeautifulBrunette » Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:55 pm

OK, here's what I've done -- after learning from Hyde that Schmidt will NOT start tomorrow and from reading DGroundHog's very good post, I decided to start Zambrano.

I figured that I might as well start Zambrano, take my chances with him and get the same (or better) results than I might if I were to pick up some waiver wire trash to fill in for Sunday. To me, the key in the decision was Schmidt being pushed back a day. Keep your fingers crossed for me, guys.

Thank you! You are all mensches! ;-D

BB
BeautifulBrunette
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers