5x5 12 team standard roto. i'm hanging in the top 3 in wins and Ks, but checking my current info says that i'm on pace to go 140 over the limit, so since i'm keen on keeping 4 or more closers to rack up the saves i'm thinking that it'd be a good idea to trim the fat here.
i'll throw this list at you... so who should go, and who are some sleepers (either young guys coming up, or guys who dont have good overall #s but have been on a roll lately) that i can perhaps 2 for 1 for... i'm 4/12 in era, but i think i can make a move if i manage to keep a small core of quality starters.
- javier vazquez (i really hope he can re-enact the 2nd half of 2001, minus the head trauma)
- dontrelle willis (suffice to say, this kid is the bomb. i nabbed him in between back to back cincinnati starts and it's been a pleasure to watch.
- bartolo colon (this guy just feels expendable to me, however, the sox seem to be playing better as of late, and if he gets some passion injected into him i can see him making a run)
- carlos zambrano (good K potential, and i think is capable of winning more consistently if the cubs offense gets clicking)
- jae seung seo (got rocked last night, however has been pitching well sans wins)
i'm putting a lot of weight on dontrelle willis' shoulders, as i see him as the anchor of my staff. he seems to be able to make adjustments so he can beat teams the second time around. from there, javvy vazquez was a pretty high priced trade (meche, myers) but gives up runs. the other guys don't have this much blabber in me right now.
so whaddya think?!