Here are the particulars. Draft Date is set, time subject to change.
Draft: • Live Draft, 3/19/05 05:00 pm ET.
• 30 Rounds, with 120 seconds between picks.
• Draft robot enabled - picks are made automatically for teams that let the clock expire.
Player Pool: AL and NL Players.
Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, OF, U and P.
Eligibility: Players are eligible at their primary position, plus positions they've played 20 games last year or 20 games this year.
Transactions: • Lineups are set once for the start of each period.
Deadline is 30 minutes before gametime on the first day of the period.
• Owners may set lineups and change players' positions.
• Add/drops are handled by a waivers process.
• The waivers process runs on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
• The waiver order resets after each weeks' games.
• Dropped players remain on waivers for at least 2 day(s).
• Trades must be approved by the commissioner.
• No trades can be made after the trade deadline of 11:59 PM ET 8/31/05.
(Click Here to set a reminder)
• Owners may not make trades during the offseason.
Schedule: Weekly scoring periods, starting on Mondays.
Min/Max: Min AB: 0
Min IP: 0
• Teams not meeting the minimums will receive 0 points in categories using AB or IP (e.g., BA or ERA)
Fees: League Entry Fee: $400
Scoring: Rotisserie System.
Scoring for Batting Categories
BA - Batting Average
HR - Home Runs
R - Runs
RBI - Runs Batted In
SB - Stolen Bases
Scoring for Pitching Categories
ERA - Earned Run Average
K - Strikeouts (Pitcher)
S - Saves
W - Wins
WHIP - Walks + Hits / Inning
Constitution: 2005 No Crying in Baseball League
Player Pool: All Players NL and AL
Entry Fee: $400.00 due March 1st 2005.
Eligibility: Players are eligible at their primary positions, which will be determined by CBS, plus positions they’ve played 20 games at last year or 20 games this year. A DH will be eligible at the utility position.
Transactions: Lineups must be set by 12:00 PM ET on Monday of each week.
Owners set their own lineups.
There will not be any transaction fees.
Trades: Trades do not have to involve an equal number of players.
Trades must be approved by the 4 team committee.
The committee will have 2 days to review the trade.
Trades completed on the website before 11:59 PM ET on Friday are eligible to take effect for the following weeks games.
Trading deadline is August 31st.
Scoring: Rotisserie System.
Scoring Categories: Batting Average
Lineups: Lineups consist of 33 players. 23 Active and 10 Bench players.
Starters: Catchers 2
1st Base 1
3rd Base 1
Corner (1st or 3rd) 1
Middle (2nd or SS) 1
Utility Position 1
You must have 23 active players at all times, 14 hitters and 9 pitchers or your lineup will be illegal.
There is no requirement for minimum innings pitched.
Draft will be held on March 19th 2005 at 5:00 PM ET on CBS Sportsline.
Draft will be a “Snake” Draft with the order to be determined by rolling online dice. I will be sending you an email from irony.com which will allow you to roll 2 100 sided dice. The person with the highest roll will get to choose their draft position, second highest chooses next and so on.
You will all have my phone # in case of problems on draft day.
The good stuff (Payouts)
Based on 12 Teams.
CBS Fee $130.00
1st Place 50% $2330.00
2nd Place 30% $1390.00
3rd Place 20% $930.00
If fee is only 140 I will add the $20 to 1st place.
Checks to the winners will be sent out on October 10th 2005.
There is no Crying in Baseball