Return to Baseball Leftovers

crowded outfield

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

crowded outfield

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:45 pm

i have kearns, larry walker, j.d. drew, jay payton, juan gonzalez, eric byrnes, and dmitri young as outfielders/utility guys. can you give me a ranking of how you think these guys will perform in the 2nd half. would it be worth it to try and trade say two of these guys (or one and another player) for mondesi -- i am trying to add a little speed to my outfield. i have been informed that mondesi is available in my league.

thanks,

j_d_mcnugent

my complete roster:

yahoo 10 team head-to-head (categories)
C-Lopez
1B-Thomas
2B-Kent
SS-Renteria
3B-Pujols
OF-Kearns
OF-Walker
OF-J.Gonzalez
IF-A.Ramirez
Util-Byrnes
Util-Drew
Bench-Hinske, Teixera, Young, Cintron, Payton

SP-Martinez, Schilling, Morris, Vazquez, Oswalt, Willis
RP-Rivera, Urbina, Politte, Dotel, Rhodes
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -292)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:55 pm

Speaking objectively, I wouldn't trade for Mondesi at this point. If I were you I would consider trading for someone else, although as far as SBs are concerned, I don't know that you'll find a legitimate SB producer aside from Mondesi for two of your lesser OFers. On the other hand, I'm skeptical about Mondesi's second half production in general.

There has been talk of the Yankees moving Mondesi, and the team which bites, if any, will play a large role in determining his value, and it is unlikely that it will increase. If you are looking to shore up your OF, I recommend dealing Juan Gone, who could be overvalued by some of the less shrewd owners in your league (Like Mondesi, his value will likely take a hit no matter which team for which he ends up playing) and perhaps Drew who is a high ceiling player for a player who may blow up in the second half, such as Shawn Green. If you really need speed, look for Scott Podsednik and Milton Bradley as cheaper, or perhaps free options.

Just my two cents.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 86)

Postby Siege1386 » Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:57 am

I think you could make a move for Mondesi. Buy low. He will improve further during the season. The Yanks won't deal Mondesi in an alrighty weak outfield, in which they are shuffling in Juan Rivera. Maybe if Bernie returns, but they still have a DH spot open. I don't see the Yanks dealing Mondesi. His defense in the outfield is too impt. for them.
Help me out by making a [url=http://www.fsworld.net/modules/donations/]Donation[/url] or [url=http://www.fsworld.net/register.php]Registering[/url] for my website

Siege1386
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers